World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if any of you recall me moaning about how badly my Flambeau tackle bag had performed, with rusty zips and the material splitting even though supposedly OK for alt water use?

They sent me a replacement item which has hardly been used, went down to the boat Tuesday to pick up some gear ready for the pollack comp and all the zips have rusted solid again.

Beware the Flambeau luggage guys!!!

G

·
That surprises me. I have a couple of bags from Flambeau, one that I got out in the USA in 2006 and one in 2009 when I was working on a market stall. We used to go and pick up the odd van load of bags and tackle boxes from Flambeau in Ramsgate. Both have been good and no trouble with zips.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must have been lucky, I had to pour boiling water over the zip pulls to get the zips to open. Once the bag has dried out I will put some grease on the pulls in the hope that it might help.

G

·
Of course I have probably jinxed it now and will go to my workshop tomorrow and find that either:

1). Zips have rusted.

2). Mice/rats have eaten the bags.

3). Flooding has washed them away.

4). The workshop and contents have been blown away.

5). Alien abduction.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is unfortunate as they are well designed as far as storage is concerned.

The plastic trays inside are "zerust" which really does help to keep hooks and other steel bits from going rusty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts