World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, my first post but an avid watcher of this site. Travelled down to St brides tonight and noticed a few signs has gone up about parking in the lane, also yellow lines on both sides of the road but not the standard yellow lines. Spoke to a resident from the caravan park and they said the lane is private, and anyone parking there will get issued with a £100 fine. Don't know if this is legal or not but this is the company responsible for it.

View attachment 1288285 View attachment 1288287
Just to let you all know the lane was packed with cars, I went back home and fished Penarth, 1 strap for me all night.
In April there were no signs/no fines, but the residents in the Lighthouse Park did not want anyone parking or walking there because of Covid. Those responsible for the signs must be the managers of Lighthouse Park who painted the yellow lines overnight and put signs provided by FlashPark whom they employed to issue Notices.
However it is not clear who has the ownership of the road or lane where they put the signs -that is Beach Road and it seems to be down to Newport Council. In this case to use FlashPark to collect 100 £ fines on a road which isn't theirs is illegal.
The boundaries and signage to the Park entrance are further down and the site itself seems to be licenced by Newport City Council with a licence expired in March 2020. See below.

Newport Council so far has not replied to my FOI asking them who owns Beach Road and if ownership changed recently.

[/URL]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be a shame if that sign somehow disappeared lads wouldn't it!
In reply to all posts about this Flash Park at St Brides has anyone paid any fine? Not about money anymore, it's a matter of principle. I have found the Beach Road where they put the signs is 'maintainable at public expense by Local Highway authority' in the National Street Gazetteer. So this road appears to be Public, can't be private as the Park claims. To top it up the council won't answer to the question of ownership directly and sends me to Land registry.
Is this all legal?
Anyone who has private ownership over a road especially when they charge fines on it should be able to produce proof of this ownership without difficulty, not make empty claims !

See Beach road in the street list scrolling at 'B'

·
Registered
4 Posts
In reply to all posts about this Flash Park at St Brides has anyone paid any fine? Not about money anymore, it's a matter of principle. I have found the Beach Road where they put the signs is 'maintainable at public expense by Local Highway authority' in the National Street Gazetteer. So this road appears to be Public, can't be private as the Park claims. To top it up the council won't answer to the question of ownership directly and sends me to Land registry.
Is this all legal?
Anyone who has private ownership over a road especially when they charge fines on it should be able to produce proof of this ownership without difficulty, not make empty claims !

See Beach road in the street list scrolling at 'B'

21 - 25 of 25 Posts