World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off yesterday so though't I'd try my luck down Llangenith. Picked up some really good quality worm (mud rag) from Gowerton and arrived in the beach car park at around 12.00pm only to be faced with two fisherman returning to the car after not catching a thing. I'm thinking Easterly's being the problem. Anyway didnt fancy driving back to Cardiff with a pound of unused, so got geared up and hit the surf (well what little there was).

First cast 20-25mins nothing then tap tap, first flattie, thought great a least I didnt blank like the other two who I passed, second cast tap tap another one third cast double tap two more and so on. Overall I had 15 flounders of varying size some above the pound mark with one absolute monster, not the heaviest of fish but at least 20 + inches long if not longer with his tail bitten off by what I can only assume would have been a bass when I was bringing it in ??? End of the summer this fish will be 3lb + Maybe..... most of the action was on the two hours up then about two hours after high I had an almighty knock, bearing in mind I'm on really light gear, struck and missed it, bass immediately sprung to mind as the flounders were quite weak when they were taking the bait. Then another really strong tug bang into a nice bass of about 2 pounds, missed another one after that but overall one of my best sessions in a long long time.

Would definately recommend Llangenith now on the smaller tides and with Easterly's (is that myth really true), my tactics were 1 spinning rod 1-2oz, 12lb line small fixed spool, two hook flapper size 6 hooks, 2oz golf ball lead, one bum bag for your maddies, spare hooks and line. And most importantly your wadders so you can stand in the surf all day long, and dont cast too far.

Tight lines ...........The Bear

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
cracking session mate, its great when you have one like that just a shame there few and far between!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well done! You had a great session!

Is this Llangenith near Rhossili!

·
Registered
316 Posts
hi m8t gr8t sesh ! you headed for the worst and ended up with blinder cant fault the baech down there for apick me up on the flattys although it dose have its bad tides as the chaps you seen leaving found out the surfers with these kites wot a buch of herberts they are turning out to be coming with in ten feet of the tip of your rod its crazy anyways nice to here of your bag up tight lines:clap3:

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
fantatsic session there m8 - well done!
my club has a match down there the end of next moonth and i am really looking forward to it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts