World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was gonna go down to carlysle for a flattie bash while things are dull up here can anyone put me in the right direction for these beaches everyone keeps telling me about i know i have to cut accross fields after i obtain permission from a farmer i am just trying to find who and where any input will be apreatiated

·
Registered
60 Posts
You are probably looking for the fishing at Port Carlisle which is west of Carlisle on the south side of the Solway. Usually lots of very big flounders there with the odd dab and even bass in the summer but i think the best of the fishing is in the spring. Some of the fishing is close to the road and i beleive one enterprising farmer charges anglers for parking!! If travelling down the A74 exit at junction 44.
Hope this is a useful start.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
there might be a few flounders about , but the best of the fishing has ended .
it will pick up later on in spring and peaks in late autumn and into early winter months.
there are some places around p. carlisle where you can fish vitually next to your car without being hassled by the farmer who charges you to walk a few yards over an open field. its not advised to fish on really big tides because the water has been known to come up to and flood the road, and the tide run can be strong.
if you are looking for a big flattie, this is the spot, fish of 3lb + have been known.
best bait. creeper tipped macky or peeler. late in the year, lug tipped macky or macky on its own will catch

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
dont know if the farmer bothers much now,havent heard out about him for a while.
all the carry on started with a match run by:busted_co who left a mess and then geordies fishing when foot and mouth was on which ended up in a punch up between him and them and they took him to court,so you cant blame him for not liking fishermen.
best of the fishings between glasson corner and port carlisle just pick a likely looking spot and have a go over high water on around a 9.0 m tide
theres a few fish starting to show now oldchukka.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts