World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and connourhope decided on marine beach after pumpin some worms got down about 2hrs before high and cast out armed with black blow and shiny things

connour was soon in with a double header of place

then another

then me with a little plaice

then frank with another

the tide started to turn and i was struggling or bites but saved the day with a bouble header at the last min which made a nice tea when i got home

well a good day ad by all

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
good report and pics lads

looks like the plaice have arrived could do with them being a little bigger but nice fish

tightlines........................daz

·
Registered
522 Posts
Good pics tony, bet ur glad i told you to change to blow lug. Again please take into consideration when looking at the size of my fish , that my hands are 14" long. :g: :g: so they are nice size fish.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:clap3: great report and pickys there tony , the plaice are turning up in bigger numbers than last year eh ,:)
and by the look of it their crumpers too ( aledgedly :unsure: )
cuberd

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Great report and cracking pics tony:) Maybe there is some truth in your "pure skill" boast about catching big plaice:g: You're gonna have plaice overdose at this rate!:clap3: Good session fellas:notworthy

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Great report :) I am coming down there tomorrow to fish over the high tide hope the plaice are still there lol

is it all blow lug you need for bait or is crab any good ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Great report :) I am coming down there tomorrow to fish over the high tide hope the plaice are still there lol

is it all blow lug you need for bait or is crab any good ?
Hi Steve, i fished blow and fresh black, most of the fish came in with blow lug. Tony changed to blow and caught straight away. We are fishing the low water in the morning.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
great stuff off out digging now and see if theres a few crabs about will be there for high tomorrow mrs and kids coming to they want plaice for tea so thats a sure sign we will blank lol

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great stuff off out digging now and see if theres a few crabs about will be there for high tomorrow mrs and kids coming to they want plaice for tea so thats a sure sign we will blank lol
:) crab deffo worth a try for bigger fish all the fish came at range dident have a sniff close in loasds of beads and shiny bits on:)

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great report and cracking pics tony:) Maybe there is some truth in your "pure skill" boast about catching big plaice:g: You're gonna have plaice overdose at this rate!:clap3: Good session fellas:notworthy
:lmao: Started to come out in yellow spots rushy:crazy: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
522 Posts
any of you lads tried blue bridge? Ive had some crackin sessions there.
Hi dobbin, do you mean the blue bridge by the ferry terminal? If that is the one i was only talking to a lad i know about this mark last week. He told me he had fished it lately and got a mixed bag of fish, eels, flounder and plaice. He then went in the dock for the mullet with light tackle and bread flake, said there were plenty of fish but they were very skittish. To fish in the dock though, you need to be well in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts