World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip to Tobago in spring of 2015, I hope to fly from Gatwick and go for 10 nights.

My dilemma is that British Airways Wil only fly on Mondays, arrive and depart as of 2015. This limits your stay to a 7 or 14 -night holiday.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sent this thread before I had finished it, can anyone suggest flight options which would allow a ten night stay now that Virgin Airways are stopping there direct flights to the island.

Cheers Gregor

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Well not much use for next year, but Golden Holidays are doing 7 nights B&B AND flights until October 2014 from £629. Food and drink there very cheap so this is a Caribbean holiday at Mediterrean prices. A/I option £999

Mike

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Interested in a trip later this year, but golden holidays seems to be a link to all the normal companies. Have I got the wrong one?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Golden Holidays use Monarch Airlines which appear to be stopping flights to Tobago during this year, one to be aware of.

Gregor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Ocardian

Have you tried Caribbean Airlines? They fly out on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. They will take bookings for 10 days if you ask.

They have a UK office which always gives a better quote than the one you get when you go online. The general number on their website goes through to the Caribbean office in Trinidad so don't bother with it. I can PM you the number of the UK based agent if you interested in trying them out. They have a super generous luggage allowance (think it is 2x23kgs plus 1x10kg hand luggage) included in the flight cost so plenty of room for your tackle.

Booked a trip in April and they managed to get me a flight for £410 including all taxes. I have flown with them before and they are miles better than Monarch! There is not much between them and Virgin/BA.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi I just got back from tobago end jan i can recomend monarch on cheapflights.com and mytobago.com for any info .enjoy ure trip

·
Registered
656 Posts
Be aware that BA fly via Antigua, which adds an extra 2 hrs to the Journey. They didn't mention this at time of booking!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers re the Monarch option I think you will discover that a year from now that carrier may not be available, they used to go via Grenada to supplement the route but have stopped this meaning that If they cannot get enough people flying direct to Tobago then this will stop as well

I use mytobago web site a lot but if you have been on there recently you will discover that the common concensus seems to be that flights are a bit uncertain for the coming year with Virgin Atlantic pulling out and a question mark over Monarch.

Cheers Gregor

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your input, it's looking very likely that I will have to go via Trinidad and take the air bridge flight.

Cheers Gregor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts