World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of giving Flnt Cob a go tomorrow with HT at 3.30PM.
Does anyone know if it is worth a go or will there be too much fresh water with all the rain we have had?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Does anyone know if it is worth a go or will there be too much fresh water with all the rain we have had?
Thanks in advance.
I would have thought so. We have had one hell of a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks in advance.
What is it your after?
Still a little early for codling in the river I think. Best bet for this time of year on the Dee would be connahs quay. Plenty of flounder on these smaller tides now, and fresh water won't make any difference.:smile2:

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
What is it your after?
Still a little early for codling in the river I think. Best bet for this time of year on the Dee would be connahs quay. Plenty of flounder on these smaller tides now, and fresh water won't make any difference.:smile2:
Freshwater makes a big difference mate. I lived in the Quay for years and I wouldn't bother after all this rain

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. To answer you Austin I am after whatever is about, probably whiting, dabs and flounders. The reason I have chosen Flint is because I am meeting my mate from Manchester and I now live in Llandudno and so we meet at Flint for high and Talacre for low, though not for quite a while. So I think I will risk it. I have fished Connahs but do not enjoy the
place at all. And there certainly is a lot of water about, as you can see from the pics I took of Aber Falls today. Will post a report tomorrow evening, even if I blank.

IMG_0382 (2).JPG IMG_0381.JPG

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, valleyboy, I can see that you think I am pretty stupid for trying Flint and I appreciate your advice. Do you know anywhere round Prestatyn that would be worth trying at high. Thanks.

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
OK, valleyboy, I can see that you think I am pretty stupid for trying Flint and I appreciate your advice. Do you know anywhere round Prestatyn that would be worth trying at high. Thanks.
Not stupid mate, just keen. I've only fished that way over low. Some one else may be able to point you in the right direction though

·
Registered
8 Posts
A lot of fresh coming down in those pics. :eek:

Maybe consider pensarn over high, chance of whiting, dog fish and maybe an early dab too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pensarn is always worth a try at either low or high tide. As Austin P. says there's always the chance of Whiting, Dabs, Dogfish and also Bass, there have been some good Bass taken at Pensarn over the last few weeks, 6lb and over.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice but we stuck with our plan and fished from behind HSS from 1.30 till 5.00.
Firstly I blanked despite trying black, prawn and mackerel. Dave cracked on with 1 eel and 5 whiting. One other guy about a hundred yards down from us also had an eel and 5 whiting.
There was actually little if any rubbish coming down the river, which was perhaps a little surprising.
A pleasant afternoon given the exceptionally warm weather for mid October.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Thanks for the advice but we stuck with our plan and fished from behind HSS from 1.30 till 5.00.
Firstly I blanked despite trying black, prawn and mackerel. Dave cracked on with 1 eel and 5 whiting. One other guy about a hundred yards down from us also had an eel and 5 whiting.
There was actually little if any rubbish coming down the river, which was perhaps a little surprising.
Whats the bank like there now? Last time I was down there I was surprised how much had been eroded into the river....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whats the bank like there now? Last time I was down there I was surprised how much had been eroded into the river....

Loads of the bank has now gone. Almost a straight line contiuation from the built stone bank.

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Nice one

·
Registered
5,242 Posts

Loads of the bank has now gone. Almost a straight line contiuation from the built stone bank.
Thanks for that..., I can see that whole grass area where the path down first meets the river is going to be lost in the not too distant future....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts