World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi one and all!

Given that doggies have starting marauding baits :yucky: inside Pwllheli harbour I thought maybe float fishing from my caravan wall might help catch bass.

1. Can you float fish in darkness on spring tides?

2. What depth do i set the bait?

3. What baits are good under float?

4. How do i keep the float visible in darkness?

Any help appreciated!:g:

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
741 Posts
hey.
hope these answer a few questions.

1. yes but depends on the strength of the tide, you doin't really want to be reeling in every minute cos the floats getting washed away.

2. what little success i have had is to have the bait just off the bottom, set it up to what you think is over depth with just a hook. cast out, if it catches on the bottom reduce the length by 6 inch/ 1 foot, untill the float keeps going.

3. any normal bait that you use ledgering is good, lug, rag, and crab best for bass.

4. use star lights, either tape them on or , glue a holding thing to them and then you can replace the lights. use 2 so you can always see one if the float swings and turns.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What fisher_Nick said!

Also try to use as light a float as possible, if you can, step down to a plugging or carp rod. makes it more interesting when you hook into something!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
There are some floats with built in star light holders. Don't know if that helps.

As a kid (messing about) I found it deadly float fishing at night for five bearded rockling (I know you don't want to catch them) same baits on a ledger rig wouldn't get a touch :confused: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts