World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WSF,
Planning on doing some sea float fishing from rocks this year and wondered what methods can be used for putting a depth stopper for your float on the line.
Heard of a sliding stop knot from line, power gum, small elastic and a bead, but never tried any of them.

Are there others.?...:unsure:

Any advice very welcome.

Coastman...:)

G

·
I use the bead and Power Gum method from the boat and it works well. Easily adjustaible too, I sometimes fish a livebait 40-50 ft under a float

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
To make a stop knot I just take a section of elastic band and knot it around the line. Perfect!!! easy to adjust, cheap and simple.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I think floatstops are the way to go use them for sea and pike fishing,if you're using a heavy float put 2 on, sometimes with a strong bite on big floats(3oz plus) you can get slippage.It's only happened to me once whilst fishing a live mackerel for bass.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info will try your tips and much appreciated.
Coastman

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
float stop! silicone tubing doubled up or some bait elastic!
tho if you have the cash for such a tackle go for a float stop
tho i find they snag a little in the tip eye of my avon
as it were!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
bead n a four turn grinner
at end of session i simply remove hooklength cut line well above float and tie it off this keeps the float, weight, swivel, bead all together

when setting up next time i use the line it was on as float stop with above knot.......

works for me no drama if forgot anything special for stop.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would say the methods which worked when this question was asked about two weeks ago probably still do the job. Unless of course there has been a huge leap forward in float stop technology in the ensuing 14 or so days!!!!

G

·
so how do you adjust the depth as the tide comes in or goes out ?
RT

He doesn't adjust it and it works perfectly for him....

....for half an hour of the rising tide and half an hour of the ebbing tide he catches like it is going out of fashion.

...strange, but the bites seem to dry up either side of that though? :blink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts