World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wondering if you can float for bass at night as not done it before really. What bait would you use for bass . Iv got two packs of mackerel head would that be ok

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have float fished for bass at night in Devon but with a starlight on the float and live sandeel on the hook, I bet live peelers on a rock mark might be good as well and prawns.

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
Mackerel head is a good Bass bait , forget the float tho' Bass expect to find them hard on the bottom or in the surf after being dumped by tinsel tossers.
Freelined on light line close in on slack tide , a carp rod and slacken the clutch way off !

One of the regulars on here gets lots of good Bass off the rocks at night , light line 3bb sliding waggler with starlight and a headhooked wriggley ragworm is what i believe does the job !

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I use to catch a few bass at Town Quay using squid under a float. I've had several to 4lb, nothing massive but good fun. I've got a few pout in the freezer that will be sent out under a float this week

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
I had Bass floatfishing at night, off Padstow Ferry slip.... the Bass took a frozen sandeel , under a home made float with a small electric light resined into the top.

https://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/night-float-with-light.14934122/

So Yes, it does work, although I would not call fishing off the Harbour Ferry Slip the "open Sea" as it is quite a way down the estuary.

I am thinking about experimenting next year , off the Lyn , North Wales, there are some great rock marks that are screaming for a float fished bait to be used at Night... I am going to make a larger version of the "float with light " as the water may well be more choppy.

Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts