World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere on the East Coast that is any good for float fishing?

I fancy going to try a bit next weekend, but havent got a clue where to go?

Anywhere where its accessable and the water may be a bit clear?

Thanks in advance.
Rich

·
Registered
539 Posts
How far are you willing to travel mate, as i have caught Bass out of Southwold harbour using float fishing tactics but the Mullet still elude me.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I normally fish Lowestoft or Cromer.
So a change in scenery would be nice.

As I said, where has clear enough water? Is there anywhere that float fishing would be good on the East Coast?

I would go anywhere from Kings Lynn to Felixstowe, so that gives you an idea of where I am prepeared to travel along the coast.

Might do some spinning for Bass too!

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
539 Posts
Give Southwold harbour a try roadscarymonster, the water is a bit coloured near the mouth but gets clearer down by the bailey bridge just past the harbour inn pub. Myself and 2 others are fishing the mouth this coming sunday evening so if you are about come and have a chat and i will tell you some marks you could try. :secret:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
roerscarymonster. fat bloater is right,I would head for s/wold and give it a go.Idon,t know what time you'll fish but you need to check the tide tables because at low water there's not much water at all.
If you feel brave you could go the other side of the river and walk out along the wall and try spinning near the remains of the old groins( about 1/2 way up) but for this you realy need about the last half of the flood
Tight lines
Spratty:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts