World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sole Man!
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've just bought a few sea floats but am not sure how to set it all up.
I have a light travel spinning rod, a fixed spool with 12lb line.
I need some advice on how to rig it up, how deep to fish, bait etc
Also do you tend to use just one hook or float out paternosters.
hope you can all help
brolly
:)

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
hi mate,

thread on in this order to your mainline: bead,float,ball lead, bead tie on a swivel, then onto the other end of the swivel some 10lb line and a size 1 hook.then tie a stop knot at the desired depth you would like to fish above all of that lot on the mainline.

·
Sole Man!
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys & so quick!!!!!
brolly
:clap2:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Another variation if whack on a simple set of smallish baited feathers underneath. I chop and change easily by making the float on its own line between a swivel on top and a snap swivel on the bottom. Get a length of foam pie insulation the same length as your float, open it up the split and insert the float, wind the mono around the foam and either tuck the clip in the foam of secure with a map pin.

Handy to have a selection of drilled egg or ball weights so you can fish using larger or smaller baits and rigs and easily ajust.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Another variation if whack on a simple set of smallish baited feathers underneath. I chop and change easily by making the float on its own line between a swivel on top and a snap swivel on the bottom. Get a length of foam pie insulation the same length as your float, open it up the split and insert the float, wind the mono around the foam and either tuck the clip in the foam of secure with a map pin.

Handy to have a selection of drilled egg or ball weights so you can fish using larger or smaller baits and rigs and easily ajust.
FOAM PIE can you post the recipe for this as it sounds really yummy:oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts