World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>My FIRST attempt at Float fishing from the Cob at Lyme Regis.....With the stop knot so far up the line (because the tide was fully in) the stop knot was on the section of line round the spool, when casting the knot jarred against the top ring and cut short&#33; the cast, any problem solvers out there care to help?
</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
<font color='#000000'>wen the not is tied it shoud go through smoothly

use an elastic band

cud n e 1 tel is how 2 use telephone wire as a stop not</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>I leave the tags quite long - say about 2.5cm or 1 inch depending on whether you are old or new school. &nbsp;Longer tags help the knot flow through the rings. &nbsp;Try it and see if it works for you. &nbsp;There is something nice about watching a float bobbing on the surface, I s&#39;pose its the anticipation &nbsp;
</font>

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>What I normally use for sloat stops is what I believe coarse anglers call them aero beads. They are rubber type bead on a metal loop so that you can slide them on to your main line. They are easy to move up and down the line, can be kept on the line if you wish to go spinning and they are small enough to pass through rod rings with ease. At my locak tackle shop they cost about 85p for a packet of 15. They have a small bore so that they are stiff on the line and I have used them for sometime without any of them slipping.

I fish with these on a sliding float arrangement of depths from 3ft to 35ft&#33;</font>

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>PS.

They are called drennan float stops and come in a variety of sizes ranging from small (the ones I use) to large (I think).</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts