World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,cant find no pics on here about setting up a float rig for the beach/rocks

any pointers please.

oh and not you Ian the ghost your going to show me tonight :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Me me I can help

To set up a float rig, first put small bead onto line, then your float, then another bead, swivel, length of 30lb line, on length of line place bead, weight, and a bead, and then another swivel, then attach desired hook length, attach hook to this, then you need to put a stop knot above your float, set to required depth, then add bait and away you go.

If you require to fish for garfish at the same time as mackeral, add a second bead above the float, and using a small snap swivel attach 2 -3 foot of hook length line and hook, between 2 beads which will sit just beneath the surface.

If you still have problems most coastal tackle shops, sell float setups with diagrams or you can buy the tackle from the shop and ask for assistance, they can normally be quite helpful.

Hope this helps you. Tightlines.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks sonic,just gotta make the hook look delicious to the fish now :D

any pointers how to make the bait look good,what bait and how deep the bait has got to go,ie off rocks for bass/pollack

·
Registered
55 Posts
pincher,

float fished for pollack a few weeks back in pembroke - used Rag two hooked through the head - free to wriggle & look tasty.

Set up used

- slide on a rubber stop to your mainline, pull through approx 12 ft of main line.
bead
float
bead
weight
bead
swivel
tie snood - approx 3 ft, size 3/0 hook is good.

Set up fishes then at approx' at 15ft". However, with the slide on rubber stops you can vary the depth easily.

Had 3 decent pollack .best 4 1/2lb.

Good luck mate.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Don't forget you could also use a "Slice" of Mackerel Belly (the silver underbelly)
cut it so it's about the size of a Sprat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts