World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
q? aimed at our floating buddies... have got several cigar floats and some bubbles some treble swivels.... wanted to float prawn as live bait??? i have just recieved delivery of 3 live bait traps and thought i would give em a whirl down the inside of the longarm on sunday.thought i would try foating the live bait so am in need of some good pointers

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) cheers mate

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can see will have to arrange a sunny afternoons float fishing with ya and get some pointers :)

G

·
Robski said:
i can see will have to arrange a sunny afternoons float fishing with ya and get some pointers :)
If you have the permit, I am off to the Short Arm in Port Talbot tomorrow, fishing low(ish) tide up.

You are more than welcome!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Phil- I've been meaning to ask you - why do you use two beads above the sliding float i.e. between the float and the stop knot in your float setup and why is the bottom one of the two smaller?

G

·
lucky said:
Phil- I've been meaning to ask you - why do you use two beads above the sliding float i.e. between the float and the stop knot in your float setup and why is the bottom one of the two smaller?
The stop bead is instead of a stop knot!

I didnt realise I said that, and I quote:

Now for the order of tackling up:

(1) Stop Bead/float stop
(2) Bead, big enough not to go through the float, 4mm I find ideal
(3) Float
(4) Another bead, this one will protect the bottom of the float
(5) Weight
(6) Bead, to protect the knot
(7) Swivel
(8) Hook length and hook

I havent mentioned that I use different sizes, only hinted at using the smallest beads possible.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Guys,

I have noticed a few of the Welsh lads mentioning that you need permits to fish certain peirs in Wales.

What's the craic with this, I have never came across this in Ireland.

I do have a game fishing permit but nothing for sea fishing.

GG

·
Registered
472 Posts
Independent companies own the long and the short arms in Port Talbot.
Chorus owns one and some other company the other they charge for using their peers to fish.

I’m not sure what is up with Mumbles peer but apparently you can hire it out so it may well also be an independent company.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its easiest to ask brandon about hiring the mumbles peir as he frequently organises events on it... the last time we had it from 8pm til 8 am

1 - 13 of 13 Posts