World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
My understanding is that the majority, if not all, have closed cell foam in which is where the buoyancy comes from. That should provide some insulation to some degree. They are usually fleece like inside too and fairly warm, but it always pays to have a few thin layers on under plus a fleece or hoody which you can take off should you get too warm.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mine has a removable padded liner. The suit is a 3 layer job. outer,flotation with light padding, sub temp liner. Bought 5 years ago for about £475. Never been cold in it and only wear a second skin 2 piece under it. I wouldn't like to walk far in it even with the sub temp layer removed, so warm. Made for extreme weather boat fishing.

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Ive got an En-tec 3 floaty suit (2 piece)
The jacket is great,wind proof and surprisingly waterproof,also quite light to wear.
I normally wear a few layers under it so I can remove if be.
I roll my jacket up and carry it on my seatbox if walking long distances as you will cook in it.

The jacket is very good quality but beware the trousers as they will fall apart after a while.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
I've got the Entec 2 and it is very warm, trousers and a polo shirt / jumper underneath and even in -5, sleet and a howling northerly wind I was toasty and warm.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I tend to feel the cold and being cold often used to ruin my fishing. Since buying myself a Sundridge Crossflow Pro I am always toastie and its totally wind and waterproof.[+ breatheable] Ive done 2 winters with it now so has been well tested over say 30 outings.The only downside is Im am only 5' 8" and the trouser bottoms are fraying where they scuff on the ground a bit. Thats not the fault of Sundridge tho................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts