World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been some posts on this subject before, but apart from putting my floatation suit in the wash or buying some waterproof sealant after washing the suits at a high temp in the bath. Is there anything else I can do to stop my suit from smelling.
Today I put 2 pairs of floatation bottoms and 1 top in the bath with warm water and fairy liquid and gave them a good sponge down, then put them on the washing line. The smell is not as strong as before but is still there, is this the best I can expect?

G

·
the best way to wash a floaty I find is to put it on and stand next to the wife, a bucket of warm water and persil liquid and a small brush from a dustpan and brush set and ask her for a quick rubdown and hosing
(dont call her a scrubber they have no sense of humour, Ive still got the lumps)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i spray the inside of mine with scholl foot spray stuff , it kills bacteria and smells of fresh flowers lurvly
a quick sponge over the outside sorts that bit out

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
whats the best way to re water proof a floatie, my one has had a right beating this winter and need some extra proofing.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
some spray like fabsil ?
mine gives instructions to place a waterproof patch and seal with fabric glue
came with a square of neoprene coated nylon for just such an occasion
yellow n black suit bright xxxxx orange patch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts