World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought a load of these a while ago I different sizes but haven't actually got round to using them in any of my rigs.

My question is are they mainly used if there's an issue with crabs or are they used in a way purely to pop up the bait for more visual attraction... Or both!?

Guess I should just include some in a few of my rigs and see for myself.. Just curious if/when you guys add them to your snoods?

Cheers.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi all, I bought a load of these a while ago I different sizes but haven't actually got round to using them in any of my rigs.

My question is are they mainly used if there's an issue with crabs or are they used in a way purely to pop up the bait for more visual attraction... Or both!?

Guess I should just include some in a few of my rigs and see for myself.. Just curious if/when you guys add them to your snoods?

Cheers.
I never really use them for their floating properties. I use them more as attractors in coloured water. Along with spinner blades and sometimes rattle beads

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I use them to pop small baits on size 8s on long (2m) snoods. Good for gar, mackerel, bass, anything that feeds off the bottom really. Can work out expensive using the beads though so I usually substitute a bit of Gardner foam.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Make sure you test them as they don't always work if too small, I use wine corks, much cheaper plus they lift a bigger bait than the expensive shop floating beads

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that, just made a few flapper rigs up with some so will try them out tomorrow against some without and see if any difference is made.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I buy them in bags of 25 on Ebay, just drill the centre and whittle into a oval shape and sand smooth with 60 grit paper, varnish if you like but I don't,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts