World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having caught 3 nice sized flounder from cleethorpes i took them home filleted them and shared them with my granddad (very tasty) i have a fillet left quite a good size and wondered if i cut into strips would it make good bait. i fish the humber and cleethorpes way. has any one tried it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
ve tried dab chunks had whiting and dabs on it its really hard to get the hook through thou till its been in the water afew mins ;p

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I know that alot of commercial crab lads like to use flounder as a pot bait. I have also seen huss and conger getting caught in pots as well. I cant see why it wouldnt work mate so try it. I have caught smaller conger, bullhuss, a few largeish shore pollock and plenty of doggies on large strips of whitting and pollock in the past. Just give it a go, although i think you may find that its better off as a big fish bait.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
the british tope record has been broken in nov 2006 with a man using flounder as bait....somewhere on the north devon coast if i'm right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.