World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having caught 3 nice sized flounder from cleethorpes i took them home filleted them and shared them with my granddad (very tasty) i have a fillet left quite a good size and wondered if i cut into strips would it make good bait. i fish the humber and cleethorpes way. has any one tried it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
ve tried dab chunks had whiting and dabs on it its really hard to get the hook through thou till its been in the water afew mins ;p

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I know that alot of commercial crab lads like to use flounder as a pot bait. I have also seen huss and conger getting caught in pots as well. I cant see why it wouldnt work mate so try it. I have caught smaller conger, bullhuss, a few largeish shore pollock and plenty of doggies on large strips of whitting and pollock in the past. Just give it a go, although i think you may find that its better off as a big fish bait.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
If you boat-fish in early Summer and tope are present in your area save it for that. Before the mackerel arrive in numbers the tope feed on flatties and whiting and these often outfish defrosted mackerel.

They do here anyway!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
the british tope record has been broken in nov 2006 with a man using flounder as bait....somewhere on the north devon coast if i'm right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts