World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right..... is it me :huh: I have been sea fishing loads, so many times I have lost count, and have always blanked.. then why is it I can manage to catch a blooming flounder way up in the river Brock I am really surprised that it hadn't died, as the water is definitely fresh and not salty there.

Is this a common thing???? maybe I should do my sea fishing bit in the local rivers instead!!!!!!!!! :wiggle:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would there be any special reason for that, or is it someting they just tend to do? .......do you think it's because the water has been high?

I thought salt water species couldn't survive in purely fresh water, apart from salmon, sea trout and eels. Do they have the ability to adapt themselves? I wonder why they can't be found even further inland.. or can they....... does anyone know the largest distance inland, a sea species has been found????

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
would there be any special reason for that, or is it someting they just tend to do? .......do you think it's because the water has been high?

I thought salt water species couldn't survive in purely fresh water, apart from salmon, sea trout and eels. Do they have the ability to adapt themselves? I wonder why they can't be found even further inland.. or can they....... does anyone know the largest distance inland, a sea species has been found????
I think the Bull Shark has to be a contender Ruth!

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/bull-shark/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts