World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These reports on flounders may be getting boring for most of you anglers, especially when the plaice are moving in.
but this catch report is to let those flounder fanatics (like me) know that there are still a few around.

this may not be the best flounder report you've seen, but i like it, so yeah.

arrived at the tollbridge on the Adur at 1:00 with some frozen blacks as my only bait. high tide was at 3:30 (i think) and so i set up with very little hope for my days fishing. after all, frozen black lug isn't exactly top quality food for flounders and so its effective uses were very low.

...cast out, some time went by (around 15 minutes) cast out again, bored and getting strange looks from those who clearly have no knowledge of the angling world, quick glance at my rod tip, couple o' knocks...:yahoo: (honestly, you guys don't realize how important to me this is) shaking all over with excitement since thi may be a chance after 3 previous sessions here with no results. i set the hook and started to reel. by the time my line was nearly under me, i could barely turn the handle of my reel. a nice flounder appeared and my efforts were rewarded. :victory:

cast out again, and waited another 15 minutes still with that frozen black (which was now proving useful). another couple o' knocks larger than the previous. excited again, i set the hook hard enough to practically rip the hook out of its mouth (i didn't mean to) and started to reel in just as a random bloke started asking me questions about what bait i was using and what i hoped to catch. well, he saw what i was hoping to catch, ...another flounder!!!what else could it be though. OF COURSE IT WAS GOING TO BE A FLOUNDER!!!
a raft with 2 men inside it went under the bridge just as my flounder was dangling off the hook, and the flounder practically slapped him in the face as he passed. :laugh:.

anyway, my friend Jay turned up at 2:00 with half a rap of pathetic, but maybe helpful wrap of rag.
for ages it seemed and he could not get a fish. but i reeled in another good flounder at around 3:00. strange...this flounder didn't show any bites on the rod, i was only expecting to re-bait when it appeared.:fishing:

an hour before we left, Jay managed a tiddly little flounder that was hardly worth making a fuss over but his efforts were also rewarded.

P2220049.jpg P2220057.jpg P2220058.jpg

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Louis
Great report chap, Jays flounder meant no blank...........that's good !
Nice pics, good to see for chaps like me who couldn't get out today.
Keep em coming guys.
All the best
Stevo T

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Louis
Great report chap, Jays flounder meant no blank...........that's good !
Nice pics, good to see for chaps like me who couldn't get out today.
Keep em coming guys.
All the best
Stevo T
Thanks Steve,

you should have gone fishing today, really nice and the sun was out. i just saw a report on a 9lb cod off shoreham west arm today, looked great. i guess all fish were out today. :laugh: but yh i'll be leaving the flounders alone for quite a while now. try and get some plaice instead haha.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nicely written catch report that Louis.....i enjoyed reading it.....thanks and tight lines to you :fishing1: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fishing:
thanks to you aswell for your time to read it and share your opinions. :laugh: tight lines

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Thanks Steve,

you should have gone fishing today, really nice and the sun was out. i just saw a report on a 9lb cod off shoreham west arm today, looked great. i guess all fish were out today. :laugh: but yh i'll be leaving the flounders alone for quite a while now. try and get some plaice instead haha.
Louis
You are a star mate. You are right, I should have and I wanted to but.............life gets in the way. Fridays forecast looks good and gonna play on the beach with some mates on Saturday. Got loads to look forward to.
Keep the posts coming.
Stevo T out.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Well done of the flounders, excellent job and always good to get your target.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done of the flounders, excellent job and always good to get your target.
thanks for the reply. i must say i was extremely pleased. it is indeed great to catch the target species.

·
Registered
884 Posts
well done fella,
thought I was fishing along side you there for a moment !, nothing like seeing that unmistakeable tap tap on the rod tip,
Nice little report, Great effort, and well deserved.
C.T.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Good report Louis. Also your in the clean bit and not on the banks getting muddy. Your reports (and others) make us want us to get out there as well.. Keep em coming

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well done fella,
thought I was fishing along side you there for a moment !, nothing like seeing that unmistakeable tap tap on the rod tip,
Nice little report, Great effort, and well deserved.
C.T.
Thanks flounderface,

thanks for the reply. to me, all the excitement is when you see the rod tip going crazy. not when your waiting around, because sometimes, you wait aound for nothing. so when you see the rod tip going crazy. you're just glad they're there, even if you don't catch . haha:thumbs:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good report Louis. Also your in the clean bit and not on the banks getting muddy. Your reports (and others) make us want us to get out there as well.. Keep em coming
cheers MrE,

yeah, we always fish the tollbridge because we don't have any waders or good wellies to use. in general, the bridge is so much easier, unless you hate people asking you what you've caught haha (this happens every five minutes or so :yawn:).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts