World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonderin were 2 get sum flounders around musselburgh area. And ive been told cramond is good. All tips,spots and bait much appreciated cheers

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
First off mate who ever told you cramond was good is talking mince.
Close to hand for you is the mouth of the esk that can give some good sized flounder. portobello at the back of the cat & dog home for flounder, small turbot,and the odd bass also at port seaton but you have got to walk back with the tide.
small lug tipped with macky strip for these area's
Tight lines.
Arthur

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
plenty beach all the way from s.queensferry to n,berwick
anywere specific?.. have u got transport?
mussleburgh should be ok at the estuarry or harbour mouth
i might be corrected but im sure portobello beach used to be one of the best beaches in the uk for them
ive only fished it a few times tho and its just round the corner
never had any great numbers tho.. no more than 4 in a session

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh got transport m8.I take it ure talkin about were the little burn runs into portobello beach just behind mikes.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
yeh got transport m8.I take it ure talkin about were the little burn runs into portobello beach just behind mikes.
yea that bit is quite good on its days.. cant remember the name of the burn
or as above what arthur said.. behind the cat and dog home.. i normally fish off the rocks there at high tide

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know were u are what species turn up there.I think the wee burn is called the figgae burn

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I know were u are what species turn up there.I think the wee burn is called the figgae burn
thats the one...
usuall flatties, odd turbot and bass.. might even get a bream, if u go into mikes and have a look in the freezer u will see a black bream that was washed up just nxt to the burn,
think u might be better waiting on the colour of the sea to clear up a bit tho mate.. its a bit dirty the now
hope this helps a bit and good luck... karl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts