World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys down there get flounders all year or does sport die away in the Winter ?? In Scotland some people believe the flounders disappear in the Winter - but I am not so sure that this is always the case ???

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't target flounder in the murky waters of the Bristol channel but we get them pretty much all year round here, i have caught them in winter and summer targeting cod and bass on 3/0 hooks would you believe!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I was wondering if you guys down there get flounders all year or does sport die away in the Winter ?? In Scotland some people believe the flounders disappear in the Winter - but I am not so sure that this is always the case ???
the traditional season for flounder down here is autumn to mid winter .they go out to spawn in feb/march or as soon as the cold waters spill of the moors.dont blame them..the waters are at there coldest then all around our coast.like now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
There seems to be a distinct lack of flounder in our waters at the moment. I've been trying to target them for a while now with no success.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - I have had 40 odd flounders this week - so have possibly answered my own question.
Will need to give it a try earlier next year to see if they are there in the Winter.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks guys - I have had 40 odd flounders this week - so have possibly answered my own question.
Will need to give it a try earlier next year to see if they are there in the Winter.
Thanks
40 odd sounds like a great week m8 :clap3: :clap3: used to be like down here a few years ago

·
Registered
210 Posts
yes you used to catch them in the plym then aswell, sod all around this year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts