World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just starting to work out a list of jobs to do this winter, the interior of my boats cabin 9which is fibre glass),has been painted (i'm not sure with what), i'm thinking of stripping the paint off, but i'm not sure wether to flowcoat the surface of the cabin or cover it with fabric, both seem to have advantages/disadvantages any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
when i do my boats i do both. carpet and flowcoat.

i flowcoat bottom half and carpet top half using an accoustic car carpet for car subwoofer boxes. works really well.

when glueing the carpet you need to use a high temp contact glue.

my current wheelhouse is flowcoated out and i will eventually carpet the top half including the roof. that will help prevent condensation and i'll fit some vents in as well to allow the air to circulate around the wheelhouse.

894 Posts
We have just started a spruce up on our Colvic and will be using the acustic carpet as Gary has done. Take a look at his pictures and comments ha has on the forum, it looks the poodles parts to me. i am doing a before and after type thread so will hopefully be posting some pics in the future.
About 40 odd quid from Amazon is the best i can find....10m length by 1.1m wide.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
We have just started a spruce up on our Colvic and will be using the acustic carpet as Gary has done. Take a look at his pictures and comments ha has on the forum, it looks the poodles parts to me. i am doing a before and after type thread so will hopefully be posting some pics in the future.
About 40 odd quid from Amazon is the best i can find....10m length by 1.1m wide.
i got mine off amazon as well mate. same price as what you paid.

take your time as once its stuck on and you try to pull it off it will stretch and go out of shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts