She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14th &15th August 2010

CANOLFAN CYWAIN, RHIWLAS, Y BALA LL23 7NW

CONTACT?? 01678 520 920

www.countryfairnorthwales.co.uk

North Wales Fly Fishing Fair @ North Wales Country Fair

The first ever North Wales Fly Fishing Fair will be held as part of the North Wales Country fair this August.

Over the weekend of the 14th and 15th August 2010 Fly Tyers and Anglers from all over the world will descend on Bala to show off their skills.

The event will be led by Hywel Morgan, who will show what it took to become world casting champion, Hans Van Klinken from Holland will be tying his creation, the world famous klinkhammer as well as showing some of his newer patterns. David Wolsoncroft-Dodds will be tying some of his best Pike flies, and Steve Thornton of Virtual Nymph will show some of his amazing lifelike creations. Local talent will include Gwilym Hughes and Louis Noble who will be tying flies used by them to devastating effect locally.

A show not to be missed.

If you’ve ever cast a fly or even just tried to tie one, this show is a must for you. GAIA and Federation Of Welsh Anglers coaches will be on hand to give casters of all abilities from complete beginners to those wishing to perfect their action an opportunity to develop and hone their fly fishing skills.

With stalls selling all the latest tying materials and fly fishing tackle and clothes, this is the ideal place to get bargains too.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Liz,
Great info for those who fly fish, well done.
Would love a sea fishing fair.
Coastman

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Just spotted this and thanks for posting. I am in Wales this weekend so all I need to do now is persuade the missus to pop up to Bala:love:

·
Registered
389 Posts
im at a sheepdog trial in corwen saturday morning but having read about the fair i may well carry on to bala for the afternoon or try for sunday,thanks for the info,i usually hear about shows after the event and i do love my fly fishing/shooting and having just read the link....i gotta go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts