World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Gentleman, wondered what month of the year has been your most successful on the Fly and what fly line is particularly favoured, ie floating intermediate and so on.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Good Evening Gentleman, wondered what month of the year has been your most successful on the Fly and what fly line is particularly favoured, ie floating intermediate and so on.
Floating line, very long 6lb tip, sandeel imitation, beachy head august onwards, limited but better and more fish on a prawn imitation

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Floating line, very long 6lb tip, sandeel imitation, beachy head august onwards, limited but better and more fish on a prawn imitation
I like that venue and any where along that stretch, wonder with all that chalk in the water from recent storms its ever going to be doable this Year, I've played a lot with floating and did wonder if I was hampering my success rate...hence the post, your a Gentleman Sir giving away far more than requested.:notworthy
Can I ask what kind of foot wear your using in that terrain?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I like that venue and any where along that stretch, wonder with all that chalk in the water from recent storms its ever going to be doable this Year, I've played a lot with floating and did wonder if I was hampering my success rate...hence the post, your a Gentleman Sir giving away far more than requested.:notworthy
Can I ask what kind of foot wear your using in that terrain?
How apt ,,, just the other day I was grizzling cos I wrecked my pumas down there, wellies too hot and heavy, and in shorts you just look an ass, walking boots are good , but you lose the"feel"underfoot from rock to rock, ive yet to find a better substitute than trainers, but im fed up with wet feet, and trainers fit for"leaving in the shed",I tried divers shoes, but too soft underfoot, and ill be damned if im wearing crocs in public, so if anyonr has any suggestions, id be grateful, as for the falls,,,,,, yes, they are going to affect the lures/floating alot, im afraid to say, it was bad enough last year, I must havr gotten 4 good days down there, but then, I worked every weekend and was always shattered

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How apt ,,, just the other day I was grizzling cos I wrecked my pumas down there, wellies too hot and heavy, and in shorts you just look an ass, walking boots are good , but you lose the"feel"underfoot from rock to rock, ive yet to find a better substitute than trainers, but im fed up with wet feet, and trainers fit for"leaving in the shed",I tried divers shoes, but too soft underfoot, and ill be damned if im wearing crocs in public, so if anyonr has any suggestions, id be grateful, as for the falls,,,,,, yes, they are going to affect the lures/floating alot, im afraid to say, it was bad enough last year, I must havr gotten 4 good days down there, but then, I worked every weekend and was always shattered
Thanks Fella, I was looking at some waterproof jobbies not so long ago with spikes....as you say though you start to lose feeling under foot...I will do more Homework and report back !! I have just got in from bait digging and my favourite beach was dire....I don't know what I am going to do this year for fresh worm..the time spent doesnt equate.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi,

Last wednesday I was very cautious shuffeling around on rubber wellies on slippery rocks/boulders with algae :nono:

I am told that felt soled boots are less slippery on wet rocks and boulders, and that spikes make things even worse, anyone having experience with this ?

TIA and tight lines, lambert63.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Last wednesday I was very cautious shuffeling around on rubber wellies on slippery rocks/boulders with algae :nono:

I am told that felt soled boots are less slippery on wet rocks and boulders, and that spikes make things even worse, anyone having experience with this ?

TIA and tight lines, lambert63.
Hmm did wonder about that.....have to ask in the lure section...probably best place, but problem is terrain....if it is replicated ie wet rocks and kelp etc?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hi all. Ive got some Slipper-trainers from Cotton Traders that are great. Soft soles (but not so soft they get ripped up) and big vent holes all along the side with a velcro back strap (behind ya foot for trainers amd under ya foot for slippers... Cost about £12. Fantastical-bargain-tastic.
Very grippy on slimey seaweed and they dry in about 25 minutes as well...
Havent found anything better...

Good luck.
X

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hi all. Ive got some Slipper-trainers from Cotton Traders that are great. Soft soles (but not so soft they get ripped up) and big vent holes all along the side with a velcro back strap (behind ya foot for trainers amd under ya foot for slippers... Cost about £12. Fantastical-bargain-tastic.
Very grippy on slimey seaweed and they dry in about 25 minutes as well...
Havent found anything better...

Good luck.
X
Illhave a wee look , ta

·
Registered
705 Posts
I did buy them about 6 years ago but im sure they or someone else will do them...
Good luck on ya search.
X

·
Registered
413 Posts
Get yourself some Snowbee rock hoppers, I use them with my stocking waders but also slip them on if I am going rock pooling with my Nephew, they are very light, flexible and comfortable with great studs, been out in them today on the lures climbing all over slimy rocks with no nasty slip ups !

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use a Rio versitip, its not a shooting head but a fly line with 4, 15ft heads, foating, intermediate and 2 sinking heads. The fly I've had most success with is a white with pearl flatwing or a white and black deceiver.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Get yourself some Snowbee rock hoppers, I use them with my stocking waders but also slip them on if I am going rock pooling with my Nephew, they are very light, flexible and comfortable with great studs, been out in them today on the lures climbing all over slimy rocks with no nasty slip ups !

Got the same boots with stocking foot waders also , feels wierd first time on the rocks as you can feel there is something between you and terra firma (the spikes and cleates make you feel out of contact) but you just dont slip , the rocks look like a wherewolf has had a fit there after you have been in the same place for a while .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi,
The outward bounding walking shops do a lot of 'waterproof' trainers with good grip.
I got a couple of pairs while up in north wales last year, got some sturdy waterproof light weight hiking boots as well - great for when i'm off fishing on one of my motorbikes as well, good protection to ankles etc and waterproof to boot ( no pun intended!)
Don.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts