World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived @ denge about 8.30pm ish (i think) 2 motors in the carpark hondatvr & lukey so got changed & on to the beach where they were having a foam party !!! it was rediculous as the surf was rolling in the wind was just turning it to foam which was blowing up the beach.
Lukey was struggling to hold out there as was nigal so I suggested a move round to dungie for a little shelter with that lukey packed up in a flash & we said our goodbyes to nige & off we trotted.
When we got to dungie the wind was off our back so we hid up & started danglin straight away into yep you've guessed it ting,ting,ting & weed!!!! but not just any old weed this was the RWOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (so the cod season has officially started) anyway about an hour later the 1st bass to me 41,5 cm duly dispached' then another 38cm which met the same fate, then it was lukey's turn but slightly undersize so returned to fight another day then lukey had a sizable 1 (can't remember the size) then i was in again another 38cm (they looked just like twins laying there) then lost 1 that felt quite a bit better (but we'll never know).
After a forage for free bait had another 1 @ about 42cm, at this point i thought maybe i should try some shellfish so loaded up a pennel with razor & scollop cocktail & lobbed it out about 15/20 yrds & whilst i was picking the RWOD off the other rod the pennel whacked over a good bite which i couldn't get to in time so left it to develop (which it never) it must have nicked most of the bait coz about 20 mins later got a ting bite followed by by a sizable ting (didn't keep it tho) then lukey gets a good pull down which resulted in the best fish of the night which pulled the scale down to just shy of 3lb so all in all a good night for a change Happy days!!!:drunk::drunk:

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's just one day up then one day down at dungie, unfortunately I always pick the down days.:wallbash:

Well done nice catch.

Think I may have another go this weekend probably Friday. Swore I'd give it up till October after 43 ting last week.

Off to check the tides now

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
it was unbelievable how much foam there was at denge, it was like an aircraft had crash landed there. glad we changed our venue back to Plan A. my 2 bass went 38cm and 48.5cm which fell to a ting livebait. think i might try the spot in daylight as the whiting shouldnt be so 'thick on the ground'.lol heres tonights tea and 1 for the freezer. melv, you have gone and done it now, it will be here all winter now, i can picture it now, angler after angler lineing the hallowed shingle with fishing lines full of R##D.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
nice one boys ...good session in the end!!

and good practise for when the proper fish arrive!!! lol

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Nice report Bunson, and instructive too about being ready and willing to switch venues.

Forgive a novice question but I'm fairly new to this caper. learn't all about the may rot this year but what the fek is rwod?? and is it a sign of season/species change?

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Nice report Bunson, and instructive too about being ready and willing to switch venues.

Forgive a novice question but I'm fairly new to this caper. learn't all about the may rot this year but what the fek is rwod?? and is it a sign of season/species change?
Ahh RWOD, That would be the Red Weed Of DEATH....
It was given its name by our very own MOD, Mr Geordie Si.

Its not like normal weed, no no, this can be caught in lenghts up to 5ft long. Its fine and matts together and is a mare to pick off. Often qiucker to cut and tie a new leader knott.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i thought the R##D was like fight club, we're not suposed to talk about it.lol

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tiz the dreaded RED WEED OF DEATH so named last year (ithink) because it's such a b****** to get off you're line & comes in f*****g great rafts. Still a good sign tho it means the cod ai'nt that far away (i hope)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
yep it was there today over high water down big long lengths of the stuff

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
well done on the bass did you fined a lot of washed up shellfish on the beach ??captin bob:punk:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Excellent report Mr Burner, and very well done chaps.

I'm not jealous.

No, not at all.

I've just told the residents of Crays Hill that there's plenty of beer and bling on Dungie beach, and that they should all go thataway to follow MY Bass that you theiving kent scum are luring away from the pleasant Essex beaches :boxing:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.