World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies and gents .
Does anyone know if folkestone pier is open for fishing and if so any catch reports .

Cheers and tight lines

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i think it was only open 4 summer its now closed so refurb can continue m8. Plus dont know if it will ever open again 4 fishing nobody wants responsibility to run pier folkestone angling turned it down and port authorities had so much abuse last time in summer from our overseas visitors they prefer NO FISHING ever sorry to say. call cnannel angling 01304 239191 he will bring u up to speed with progress. hope this helps m8

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think it was only open 4 summer its now closed so refurb can continue m8. Plus dont know if it will ever open again 4 fishing nobody wants responsibility to run pier folkestone angling turned it down and port authorities had so much abuse last time in summer from our overseas visitors they prefer NO FISHING ever sorry to say. call cnannel angling 01304 239191 he will bring u up to speed with progress. hope this helps m8
Thanks a lot kingfish appreciate the info

·
Registered
517 Posts
Shame
I remember my dad telling me stories that he fished there in the 80s with his mate
His mate struggling to catch
Ended up hand lining my dad's leader up the wall as he tied the hooks straight to the leader because he was loosing cod

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Shame
I remember my dad telling me stories that he fished there in the 80s with his mate
His mate struggling to catch
Ended up hand lining my dad's leader up the wall as he tied the hooks straight to the leader because he was loosing cod
i also fished folkestone in 80s if we only knew then what we have learnt plus tackle changed for better we lost more than we caught that was part of the excitement, would do your head it working out best way to land. didnt go hungry tho as had some catches i would be proud to have today. take care tightlines to everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.