World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new boy here,newbie sea angler interested in fishing the warren at folkestone anything i should be aware of and what species are lurking there, cheers!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
it's usually a bass venue.

just be aware that the platform can get slippery and the sea can flood it. fish it on a calm clear night. and don't cast too far or use big lights.

·
Registered
340 Posts
how brilliant is that diary?? i think that is ace!! i could sit there for hours reading up on the Warren for example. I'll be giving it a go with my bass'in kit when the weather settles! great find!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the info guys! anyone got any idea of any pollack marks? my outlaws live on the west coast of scotland (lochgoil) and the pollack fishing is unreal, not expecting anything like it down this way but it would make a change from u/s whiting! cheers martin.

·
Registered
278 Posts
cheers for the info guys! anyone got any idea of any pollack marks? my outlaws live on the west coast of scotland (lochgoil) and the pollack fishing is unreal, not expecting anything like it down this way but it would make a change from u/s whiting! cheers martin.
Samphire Hoe throws up pollock, probably one of the best bets around this area.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
down the wall or distance? all i have ever done there is lose gear, what time of year do they show? cheers martin

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
That diary is probably one of the most comprehensive and detailed (inc nice pics) diary i have seen! Nice thing for someone to keep going and record the catches at various venues. Its going in my Favourites!

Oh and hi Martin297, welcome to the site:)

G

·
dover breakwater.fish the western end(when its repaired) on the inside using french booms baited with rag or sandeel,rag better though.let the rig hit the bottom and then a few turns up from there will do.
also the prince of wales pier up the end fishes well for pollack too using the same method....dave.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Martin297,
Welcome to the forum, from a kent member that regularly spin's for bass at the Warren.
Tight lines
Suba

1 - 13 of 13 Posts