World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a good friend of mine out fishing on Haldon Pier in Torquay last night. He's only just taken up fishing and has been trying to catch his first fish for a little while. I figured that a night session on the pier should see him hook into something and hopefully get me some fish as well. This venue has rarely let me down in the past but it was extremely quiet last night. I had a few rattles which were probably pout but I couldn't land anything. It seems that since they did a lot of piledriving last year the fishing has really died at this venue.
Meanwhile my friend had a couple of definate doggie bits but couldn't hook up. Then he had a small rattle, he left it to develop further like he'd been doing it forever. 15 minutes later nothing more had happened so he reeled in to change his bait. As his rig reached the surface he shouted across "I've got a pollock!!". He carefully lifted it over the wall and his first fish was in the bucket! It wasn't a pollock, it was a pout of about 6oz. I have never seen anyone so happy at the capture of a pout, he was over the moon and so was I. We took a few photos (these were sent by picture message straight away by my friend to various people) and then he released the fish like a pro. The look on his face brought back some brilliant memories of the day i caught my first fish. He cannot wait to get out next weekend now, a doggie is the target!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts