World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought caravan at Font-y-Gary, Looking for good fishing .high or low water around this area, Say from Barry to Porthcawl.

·
Registered
331 Posts
theres many of good fishing marks in these areas mate but at the moment i would stick to the barry side as porthcawl have been dead lately

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked thru loads of threads but i have not found anything about the Leys. Has anybody any info on The Leys

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
very rough ground apparently, lose lots of gear.at the leys, i havent fished there b4, except for the bass around the hot water outlets on a jiffy and a redgill, but that was years ago, i think they have stopped that bass fishing now, thow i am not certain m8y.

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi
the leys is also called aberthaw (east and west)
it is also called gileston beach

the ground here is very bloody rough
snag nearly everytime
rotten bottom is best

good fishing all year round

bass in the summer like the man said on lures
red gills work well with either a jiffy lemon or a golf ball

havent heard many fishers fishing there at the moment

BE GLAD TO HEAR SOME CATCHES !

·
Registered
51 Posts
aberthaw east and west is one of the best hound fishing areas around during the summer months, but during this time to it also produces codling and conger amongst some of the species available. yes it is very tackle hungry here but what you lose in gear the fish more than make up for.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i pulled this one(6lb) in last October 24th it was howling and my m8 was pulling cod to 7 lb

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thax for info lads think i will try LEYS this weekend weather permitting. Will let u know of my successes lol .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to live in Rhoose years ago and my brother and I used to fish for mullet off the rocks down Fonty. He always pulled in some nice fish down there. he used a paste of bread and cod liver oil as bait on a float. Give it a go mate, you never know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes ta for that info.I assume that was using a float.Did you ever fish the beach at the Leys right in front of the car park.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts