World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i was thinking of taking my son to fontburn for a days trout fishing i have got rods and reels just dont know what set up to use and bait and size of hooks any help would be a greatfull

thanks MAB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Use worms, bigger the better on size 8-10 hooks (there's a large head of roach which will nip small worms to pieces) double hook them. I find the bank opposite the hut the best. Dont fall into the trap of being too static, move every 5 mins till you find the fish. Try to fish in the wind lanes (these are lanes of white foam/bubbles, sorry dont mean to patronise if you already know what these are). Float fishing the best, set 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep, let the wind carry the float down these lanes. You might need to fish at a bit of a distance due to the more oxygenated water being further out. I use a pike drennan pencil deadbait (loaded) some use bubble floats, not my scene though. Just remember to stay mobile, so take minimal kit, and loads of worms. It pays to ask the wardens where the best fishinghas been. Any other questions, just ask mate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts