World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a call from nitelight asking me to fish the afternoon with himself and ohter i declined the offer as i had previous plans for the evening,after explaining,, nitelight decided that it would be better to fish with me at fonty, sorry martin but these 2 tony`s are k.o.s`s anyway i got to the clifftop at around 7pm to be met with nitelight, fish & gazbeast, ipso, mattyh, tm8pie and a couple of others who`s handle`s escape me so it was quite a little mini meet, with not much happening. tm8pie had a run, but the fish spat the hook, never mind bud however as the tide turned the fish had their `ebb heads` on and i landed a little small eyed of around 4-5lb blank beaten phew!!!, i had to handball it up the side of the cliff, as the tide was full in and no way to the end without doing a chris bonnington, my thanks to ipso and the boys for helping me out cheers lads, gazbeast had a clonker on but after what seemed like 3 minutes the hook was pulled and he lost it, better luck next time gaz,, that was it for me, matty h had a pout, i think, and a doggie thats all i saw landed i left the lads at 10pm as i had to meet headlight at my home

monknash
after having a cuppa and ciggy me and headers went to the ghostly woods, on the way down past the plough and arrow, i hit a rather deep pothole, thinking nothing of it, i kept going up the lane to the gate, we descended down to the mark with relative ease, i saw about four others all forum members further along to dunraven bay anyhow we set up by the last rocky scar me knowing clean ground was straight in front, all was quiet, apart from the constant rush of air that was supposed to calmish and the abundant weed blown up the lines, till around 1am, when headlight pulled in this along with a rig he`d snapped off and wrap around mine

what i`d like to know is` how does line tangle like it does seen less tangles on ivor birdies avatar lol took both of us around 15mins trying to sort out the mess, eventually headers cut his line cheers ian
he then goes on to catch this,, notice how i haven`t said the weights,, yes it that game you`ve got it GUESS THE WEIGHT TIME AGAIN

feeling rather miffed as i was losing badly by headers out fishing me i thought this is going to be another one of those sorties as

he kept bringing them in

and still more

by now i was thinking ohter would just love it here ray paradise hehehe
not to be outdone i did bring in this and at 6 1/4lb it was a wellcome site no hounds and i`m sure i would have caught more if i hadn`t used crab all night

last cast for me produced the envitable doggie and headers having his last ray, i can see that monknash has become one of headlights fav marks now

talked to the other lads as one past he said he had 9 rays ranging from 6-3 1/2lb and the other three had a couple of ray and doggies when we eventually got back to the car i found my tyre flat just got it repaired at a cost which has broken my arm note to self must watch out for these ruddy potholes arrrggghhh tight`uns

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cracking sesh, looks like Headlight (Ian) is have more action from the shore than the boat, Well done lads!!

Not bad Ian - There is 1 photo with you without a *** in your mouth. See if this coming Cod season is better than the last? - Wayne

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
cracking session there some nice rays

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
It was a superb nights fishing (apart from the blown tyre - can"t believe the price for a Vectra tyre. Answers on a post card) looking forward to going again once these winds drop. Next time I think I"ll take a little less gear though. When the Rays came on the feed I had fish every 5 or 10 mins.
Wayne the constant *** in the mouth was to build up my nicotine levels for the gentle stroll back !

headlight

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry jeff been busy today hectic and expensive lol monknash is better if you fish dusk into dark i have found tight`uns dude

·
Species Hunter
751 Posts
Hi dude

Nice to fish with you again Tony mate, here's your ray from fonty and it was distance that mattered last night:whistling

lol

Gaz

·
Team Keens
2,386 Posts
Cracking session there lads. Could see the Headlights from Witches. Some nice Rays aswell. Nice one.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
cracking session lads.and great report and picks.shame about the tyre tony-one flattie that wasn't welcome :whistling

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi dude

Nice to fish with you again Tony mate, here's your ray from fonty and it was distance that mattered last night:whistling

lol

Gaz

nice photies gaz did anyone catch after i left last night? must do it again soon mucca oh and the ipod will be recharged next time tight`uns dude

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
cracking session lads.and great report and picks.shame about the tyre tony-one flattie that wasn't welcome :whistling
sorry tony no ofence couldn't resist. as for guess the weight i recon the first ray about 7lb

come on lads :whistling:whistling:whistling

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry tony no ofence couldn't resist. as for guess the weight i recon the first ray about 7lb

come on lads :whistling:whistling:whistling
that was such a flat joke i just deflated lol and didn`t know how to inflate that any further :dry: i can`t get me coat cause i`m to TYRED haha and as to the rays near we think

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
that was such a flat joke i just deflated lol and didn`t know how to inflate that any further :dry: i can`t get me coat cause i`m to TYRED haha and as to the rays near we think
just didn't want to rubber it in or tread on any toe's

i'll get my coat:bye2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
good to see some landed guys!I was at the ledges at fonty last night from 7.30 till about 11 and had plenty of bites but lost a few under the rocks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Cheers lads enjoyed my first session back, i didnt blank i just fished closer in for the squid and sandeel cocktails and i caught loads!!!
me thinks i need to work on my distance for that mark!! but then so does chris and ipso LOL!!!:giveup:
Well done Ian looks like u had a good session was tony not fishin???:unsure:
P.s give us a bell next time the boat is out got a bit of time now.....
regards nitelight

1 - 20 of 26 Posts