World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of fishing one of the above on friday evening - have been to Aberthaw but never been to the ledges at Fonty - could anyone advise please? - will be after smoothies so which do you guys think would be a better option?? :unsure::unsure:

Cheers!!!

PS if its the ledges - how do we get there?? and who would be the person to get peeler from on friday??

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
hi karenh it is going to be packed on the ledges at fontygary on friday there is enough room for about 7 rods and as far as i know there`s 8 of us going down there if i was you i`d be more inclined to fish east aberthaw 1hr down and 3 back as for crab hahahahahahahahaha now that is a good joke got anymore seriuosly try garry evans in cardiff he may have some but i think you`ll find it like rockinghorsesh1t round here hope you get some tight lines

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
forgot follow signs to fontygary caravan park in rhoose follow little road round into the tarmac car park and walk past the indian resturant walk down path to the beach fish the right side less rough stuff you can fish the left but i would advise rotten bottoms and a pulley pennel rig with 5/0`s you need crab otherfish to be caught here are mullet conger bass pout rays and plaice plaice at low water mind so choose your hooks for the fish targeted tight lines

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi karenh it is going to be packed on the ledges at fontygary on friday there is enough room for about 7 rods and as far as i know there`s 8 of us going down there if i was you i`d be more inclined to fish east aberthaw 1hr down and 3 back as for crab hahahahahahahahaha now that is a good joke got anymore seriuosly try garry evans in cardiff he may have some but i think you`ll find it like rockinghorsesh1t round here hope you get some tight lines
Cheers .... only room for 5 you mean ..... if we get there as planned (lunchtime) friday :giveup: - naaa I'm only joking - tis a bugger about the peeler .....we were buying them at 25p in north wales a couple of weeks ago - I will give Garry Evans a try though - cheers. Looks like it could be East Aberthaw then - any tips on fishing it? - apart from it being snaggy LOL

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry - I forgot to ask - what sort of distances are needed at aberthaw west or east?

while we are in the area wouldn't mind a conger session over the weekend - any suggestions??

Cheers!!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
hi kaz congers and hounds can both be caught at fontygary if you are staying in a caravan then you should try fonty on top of the cliffs saturday night use squid and mackie wraps for the wongers and crab for the hounds chucks in around 100yds should put u in the fish but the tide is dropping fast so if you are fishing aberthaw try west as rip won`t be so bad, the best place to catch congers at the mo is between summerer point around to tresillian try the second ledge at llantwit major easy walk from the car park around 4-500yds there abouts to the left hope this helps tight lines

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hiya - we're not stopping in a caravan - we generally fish nights and sleep days in the tent or the car - wherever we end up - LOL - do you need the same distances at Aberthaw? as I think I will struggle to hit 100 yrds :cry::cry: and I desperatly want to get my first shore hound :sad2::sad2:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
well you will just have to tag along with myself and squid-u-like fonty on saturday night one rod only as you will see tight lines

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you have a pm :secret:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
hiya - we're not stopping in a caravan - we generally fish nights and sleep days in the tent or the car - wherever we end up - LOL - do you need the same distances at Aberthaw? as I think I will struggle to hit 100 yrds :cry::cry: and I desperatly want to get my first shore hound :sad2::sad2:
distance not needed karenh, all my hounds at aberthaw(not many, but a few) have came from 70 yards max. if u cast 70 yards when tide is flooding, within 20 mins or so you'll be 90 yards + out :thumbs:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
distance not needed karenh, all my hounds at aberthaw(not many, but a few) have came from 70 yards max. if u cast 70 yards when tide is flooding, within 20 mins or so you'll be 90 yards + out :thumbs:
Excellent - thats good news OHTer - mind you ....I don't normally leave my bait in 20 mins LOL :oops:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Excellent - thats good news OHTer - mind you ....I don't normally leave my bait in 20 mins LOL :oops:
crab can be left that long, then when u do bring it in, give it a squeeze, and add another :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
crab can be left that long, then when u do bring it in, give it a squeeze, and add another :thumbs:
:blink::uhuh:rip it off and put fresh on ! like any other bait, always keep it fresh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts