World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well liam91 and a bloke called aj invited me along to a trip to fonty, chucked all the gear in the van , all after the hounds armed with crab and squid ,. got to the cliff to see no one there ! Great

we all cast out pulleys, baited up with peelers (well i had softies ):fish:
not long after first cast , bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the rachets off! on ajs reel, he strikes into , thinking the fish had gone, keep reeling to see his rod bending its on! the first hound of the day! all hoping not the last, got it from liams "great fish landing " ran down with the net and landed this star!.

hopes where high" the smoothhounds were in!, ..i havent been properly fishing for about a month and half and thought wat a great come back it would be to get a double figure! ....

THE RAIN COME :dry:

listening to the radio my rod just pulls , i had my drag on quiet stiff! .jumped up and struck!, wat a great fight on a tiptornado light! the fish was pulling me all over the place,....adventurly got it to liam who had scrambled down the cliff to land yet another fish!, LIAM THE BEST FISH GETTER LOL!...... brung it up ,
knowing it was bigger than the one we had before which weighed 9 pound, put it on the scales to see 10 pound 2oz !! (zac yes now i do know wat it feels like to have a double figure smoothie:spiteful::wiggle:..
while playing this i had a good bite on my other rod on a whole squid
which ended up being a eel!..
pics of both

not long after then!, my reel screamed off!, push the best fight i have ever had of a fish i thought this must be bigger it was diving ripping line of my reel , got it in to find another nice smoothie of bout 7 pound i was surprised it wearnt alot bigger from the great fight,

by this time liam was sulking in the corner and chasing rabbits with his l.e.d light :lmao:

He caught a snooty eel in the end which beat the blank but was hoping for a smoothie.

all in all a great day! apart from the rain then being cold and wet!!

all fish were returned safely!, and landed with a net,

dean....

also fished till about half ten. into darkness thought they would start feeding again but not a sniff!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
well done it was nice watching you bring them hounds in all i did was stand on the ledge all night and get soaked to the skin lol

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Cracking sesh Deano - bout time we saw a report from you, think the last one was of that bass you had a while ago.

Again, well done mukka!!!

I bet KOL (if he had hair lol) would be pulling it out by now as, i'm assuming - he hasn't been fishing for a while...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cracking sesh Deano - bout time we saw a report from you, think the last one was of that bass you had a while ago.

Again, well done mukka!!!

I bet KOL (if he had hair lol) would be pulling it out by now as, i'm assuming - he hasn't been fishing for a while...
thanks mate! , yerr that was the last time i been properly fishing when i had the bass, ..... kol is doing alot of house work at the moment!,i said i will help him with his garden soon lol.. were planning a session next week some time!, he,ll be jellous when he read this haha:bb::bb: i try and get him to go to one of the big meets liek llangenieth :D

acky you should of come up mate loads of room!, went realli quiet in the end tho, and liam91 would of landed the fish for you lol!,
surpisenly hardly any wind on the top ether picked up in the end.
looked dangerous at the bottom lol with the waves!
dean:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
woulve come up if i hadnt had the kids but they woulda probably gone over the edge , yeah the waves were a bit big but i was assured by the lifeguard earlier that it was perfectly fine on the top ledge . watching those hounds being landed was a bit mad at one stage i thought the wave was gonna swamp him it came up so high luckily he was still there though when the foam cleared

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
thanks mate! , yerr that was the last time i been properly fishing when i had the bass, ..... kol is doing alot of house work at the moment!,i said i will help him with his garden soon lol.. were planning a session next week some time!, he,ll be jellous when he read this haha:bb::bb: i try and get him to go to one of the big meets liek llangenieth :D
I knew he was doing some housework as you said a while ago. It sounds like he's been putting a hell of a lot of hrs into it!!! He needs a break LOL!!!

I guess this sesh you had will be the start of many more is it??? LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Oi turnip, are you really telling me some1 ran down the steps to land the fish, then ran back with it just to get a pic, then ran back to put it back ! some 1 is on sumit me thinks lol, easier just for the person who lands the fish 2 weigh it, return it and tell the captor its weight, thats what myself and rockling do anyways. Good sesh tho mate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good to see they are still coming off that mark, but am curious to know how you retrieved and released? Tighlines DD

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
well liam91 and a bloke called aj invited me along to a trip to fonty, chucked all the gear in the van , all after the hounds armed with crab and squid ,. got to the cliff to see no one there ! Great

we all cast out pulleys, baited up with peelers (well i had softies ):fish:
not long after first cast , bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the rachets off! on ajs reel, he strikes into , thinking the fish had gone, keep reeling to see his rod bending its on! the first hound of the day! all hoping not the last, got it from liams "great fish landing " ran down with the net and landed this star!.

hopes where high" the smoothhounds were in!, ..i havent been properly fishing for about a month and half and thought wat a great come back it would be to get a double figure! ....

THE RAIN COME :dry:

listening to the radio my rod just pulls , i had my drag on quiet stiff! .jumped up and struck!, wat a great fight on a tiptornado light! the fish was pulling me all over the place,....adventurly got it to liam who had scrambled down the cliff to land yet another fish!, LIAM THE BEST FISH GETTER LOL!...... brung it up ,
knowing it was bigger than the one we had before which weighed 9 pound, put it on the scales to see 10 pound 2oz !! (zac yes now i do know wat it feels like to have a double figure smoothie:spiteful::wiggle:..
while playing this i had a good bite on my other rod on a whole squid
which ended up being a eel!..
pics of both

not long after then!, my reel screamed off!, push the best fight i have ever had of a fish i thought this must be bigger it was diving ripping line of my reel , got it in to find another nice smoothie of bout 7 pound i was surprised it wearnt alot bigger from the great fight,

by this time liam was sulking in the corner and chasing rabbits with his l.e.d light
He caught a snooty eel in the end which beat the blank but was hoping for a smoothie.

all in all a great day! apart from the rain then being cold and wet!!

all fish were returned safely!, and landed with a net,

dean....

also fished till about half ten. into darkness thought they would start feeding again but not a sniff!
Lol you spawny c*** as aj would say:bleh: happy to see that your fist sess back ended like that lol, Scary landing those fish though I thought I was going to get pulled in, and to all those people having a go at us because we took them up the cliff, What is the point at the end of the day, all fish were returned safely and we even have acky to back us up on that, Not trying to argue with any of you im just saying. Those rabbits are a pain to catch dean lol
Tight Lines Liam

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Not really having a go mate and not saying thay didnt go back, just saying that thay must have been out of the water for about 10mins all for the sake of a pic when there aint really a need is there, the fight was had, the fish was won, unhooked and then kept out of the water ! could and should have been returned straight away !

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
to be fair lads i seen all the fish landed and released and i doubt wether they were out of the water for even five minutes and for the record each hound swam off straight away without even a hint of bother

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
to be fair lads i seen all the fish landed and released and i doubt wether they were out of the water for even five minutes and for the record each hound swam off straight away without even a hint of bother
See lol, Cheers acky mate, What was i like running up those bloody steps with them lol? Icouldnt release them myself because i was nearly passed out at the top lol, Nice to meet you mate:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
yes m8 nice to meet you guys to and i doubt wether an army training course is as tough or dangerous as that walk down the cliffs and back

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
yes m8 nice to meet you guys to and i doubt wether an army training course is as tough or dangerous as that walk down the cliffs and back
lol, did those kayakers bother you at all? They kept on going into our lines and setting off our ratchets, Only runs i had all night lol

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
lol nah they went around my line bit of a pain in the ass though

1 - 20 of 38 Posts