World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya,
im new to the sport of shore fishing and im wondering if there is any rig that is sort of fool proof, somit that can handle all sorts of fish, im looking at going to chesil beach or seaton on saturday, im not expecting to catch anything, its just a learning curve
when is the best time to fish, is it when the tide is coming in or out, i hope someone can help me out
kev

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome Kevmac

Like you, I am a beginner. You will find that these are a great bunch of guys, and are always patient with us novices. As little as I know, I can tell that you need to go to the left hand side of the page and start reading. You will be amazed how much you will find out in a short period.

Just to clarify one point for you, the rods and reels are usually called tackle, the bits on the end that do the catching are called rigs.

Fred

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kevmac

Just realised you posted the pic of the fish seeking identification. Either you are a very quick learner, or a very lucky beginner.

Fred

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hiya fred
it wasnt me who caught that fish i was just repling to the thread, but i will let you know how i get on saturday, if i catch anything no matter how big or small i will try and take a pic and post it on here
kev

·
Registered
235 Posts
i don,t think there is such a thing as a fool proof rig its a case of what,s working on the day. do you make your own rigs or use shop bought? try to make some of your own and when you catch on them it gives you a real boost . look on the left hand panel under rigs and knots all you need to no to get u started. i make all my own rigsnever used a shop bought one yet but that could be me being tight fisted (haha) give it a go mate tie your own.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hiya fizz, i will be giving it a go at tying my own rigs coz at the moment im cheating and buying em off ebay :confused: i have looked at the rigs on the left and i will have a go at making em myself, the only thing im stuck on is what sort of lengths to make the rigs, but cheers for the advice
kev

·
Registered
235 Posts
hi kevmac just a quick reply m8 you say you buy ready tied rigs on ebay well if these rigs work for you copy them m8 easy as that but for hook snoods i would use amnesia low memory line i was advised to use it off this site and i dont use anything elsehope this helps you a little more

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hiya fizz and dock dropper, cheers for the rigs dock they will be a great help, i will try that line out asap fizz, i will be heading to seaton tomoz to give the fishing a good go, if any of ya are down that way you will know me coz i will be the one reading tips from a book and getting in tangles. ah well all part of fun learning
kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts