World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To keep your options open for reading material over the long dark period, known as cabin fever, I can highly recommend the book below:

http://www.merlinunwin.co.uk/bookDetails.asp?bookId=207&categoryId=6

It was written by an unconventional bass angler who used to be on here, he called himself leakyboots. His track record of large bass including many over double figures is incredible and the book is a fascinating insight into how he fished and funny anecdotes along the way. It is not a book for the tackle tarts or those easily offended, however, if you want to have your eyes opened to a new way of fishing and enjoy the all to rare quality of common sense, I think you will enjoy it like I did.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'll be getting this. My problem isn't working a lure well, it's knowing where to work it and understanding why a place does well in certain conditions. This year has been a bit of a breakthrough, but just makes me realize how little I know!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good work mr kipper , have copied the link and have sent to both kids , telling them Santa said I been “ slaying” all season , and I want one ...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My copy arrived yesterday - looks the Mutts
I reckon its a much needed resource ,providing a comprehensive overview and sound foundations on which to build - of the modern approach to 'Bassing with lures'; and will be bound to help a great number of addicts
..........bound to induce loads of thought regarding my approach for sure.

Another one I have on order is - The Song of the Solitary Bass Fisher James Batty
Don't know jack about it but it had Bass in the title and haven't read it yet :)
Anyone read it?

Wish 333 would get a book out

·
Registered
643 Posts
I reckon its a much needed resource ,providing a comprehensive overview and sound foundations on which to build - of the modern approach to 'Bassing with lures'; and will be bound to help a great number of addicts

Another one I have on order is - The Song of the Solitary Bass Fisher James Batty
Don't know jack about it but it had Bass in the title and haven't read it yet :)
Anyone read it?

Have you ordered the same book twice :ugh2:

·
Banned
2,660 Posts

Anyone read it?

Have you had a senior moment @babelfish2? The link in the OP was to the same book as your link. :rolleyess:

Who'd have thought? We wait for ages for a decent bass book and two come along at once!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The title appeals to me as I fish alone 99% of the time.
I'll definitely be getting a copy if only to help support Leaky boots but, I'm sure it'll be an interesting read.

I remember when leaky boots used to post regular pics of his lunkers on here. It's a shame he left. Anyone know why?
Good luck to him!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P
I remember when leaky boots used to post regular pics of his lunkers on here. It's a shame he left. Anyone know why?
Good luck to him!

Not sure it was a real shame, I imagine the C&R police that were very prevalent a few years ago might have been a factor as leakyboots was keen on sustainable harvesting:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
P

Not sure it was a real shame, I imagine the C&R police that were very prevalent a few years ago might have been a factor as leakyboots was keen on sustainable harvesting:thumbsdown:
Shame on them if that is the case.
There's nothing at all wrong with sustainable harvesting. I am all for it!
Thanks for posting the link btw!:thumbsup:

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,039 Posts
The title appeals to me as I fish alone 99% of the time.
I'll definitely be getting a copy if only to help support Leaky boots but, I'm sure it'll be an interesting read.

Good luck to him!
He is still a member mate.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,039 Posts
Glad to hear that Nick.
Haven't seen him post on this section for at least a couple of years now though.
Not logged in since October 7th 2014.
People come and go mate...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like a good read. Saved..

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
That's two for Christmas

1 - 20 of 80 Posts