World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Looks like the headland at Hartlepool looking north towards Steetly Jetty.

Nice sea on there, hopefully bring a few cod in for you :fish:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I like that spot. Easy car access-tons of lady joggers-a wall to hide behind-and the odd fish.
bad bits watching the dogs cos they might pi-- up the side of my box.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There were also 2 blokes fishing the bottom of the bank at The Band Stand :thumbs:
That might have been me and my son, we hadn't fished there before. We were there from about 4:30pm to 7-ish. Didn't catch anything, although did seem to be getting bites, but snagged quite a few times losing gear. The sea was pretty rough.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Snagged ???

Its a very big sandy beach with just a small section of rocks in the middle, Was it weed coming in or did you just manage to hit the wrong bit ?

Or are you like me and can cast into a pile of rocks or nets that have 2 miles of clear beach either side when you try a new spot :nerd: lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's all rocky round that bit of the headland where the bandstand is, known as Parton Rocks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The 2 lads pictured in the first set of pics are fishing right at the end of the prom near the sign post which is all sand..I fish it a lot....the pics shown later that you have taken look a bit further down but its hard to tell.....It would be best for you lads to go have a look at low water and see the lie of the land.... parton rocks like it says on the tin are not ' Parton Beach ' which is shown on the first pics you can see .....I have never lost any gear at the far end !! And if there is any rock I will snag it like a bait magnet...LOL

It is a good chuck at certain times and the rocks are best fished at low water after a good blow...The guys that do best wade out along the rocks....I am not that brave and stick to catching Rocklings from the side at high water,,,LOL

Anyhow..good luck next time lads !!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's all rocky round that bit of the headland where the bandstand is, known as Parton Rocks.

Parton Rock is at the far end of the beach , where the sandy beach starts , just off Parton Corner

The "Bandstand" is half way round the prom , just at the end of the "Town Moor" shown on your map as a blank space above the word "Headland" (Town Moor that is)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That might have been me and my son, we hadn't fished there before. We were there from about 4:30pm to 7-ish. Didn't catch anything, although did seem to be getting bites, but snagged quite a few times losing gear. The sea was pretty rough.

You will tend to get snagged there , it can be one of theose places that you can fish all session & either lose nothing or everything .

Where you in a white Vauxhall hire van , the blokes I seen were there at 3:30 - 3:45 pm . They were also fishing the Twin Steps the day before too .

·
Registered
224 Posts
The 2 lads pictured in the first set of pics are fishing right at the end of the prom near the sign post which is all sand..I fish it a lot....the pics shown later that you have taken look a bit further down but its hard to tell.....It would be best for you lads to go have a look at low water and see the lie of the land.... parton rocks like it says on the tin are not ' Parton Beach ' which is shown on the first pics you can see .....I have never lost any gear at the far end !! And if there is any rock I will snag it like a bait magnet...LOL

It is a good chuck at certain times and the rocks are best fished at low water after a good blow...The guys that do best wade out along the rocks....I am not that brave and stick to catching Rocklings from the side at high water,,,LOL

Anyhow..good luck next time lads !!
Crossed wires I think Mick. I know were you mean, the end of Marine Drive where the turning circle is. We fish there quite often too, maybe I've been there when you have. I've spoke to a few guys there. didn't get their names though, I one might be called Shaun (or Sean).

The post I was replying to was on about two lads near the old bandstand though, which I thought might have been us

I spent all last Saturday afternoon on the rocks along the full length of the beach at low tide, and tried a bit of lure fishing in the sea later when the tide came in more.

Thinking of having a look over there in a bit, it's just past high tide now. Got myself some waders the other day. :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Parton Rock is at the far end of the beach , where the sandy beach starts , just off Parton Corner

The "Bandstand" is half way round the prom , just at the end of the "Town Moor" shown on your map as a blank space above the word "Headland" (Town Moor that is)

Hi Scully,

Yeah I think me and Mick had crossed wires, I was replying to your post about the two guys at the bandstand maybe being us. It wasn't I don't have a van, but I think I know who the guys were, as they posted on another forum I go on about being at the twin steps the night before and catching there.

I was just thinking maybe there was another old bandstand over there that people were talking about. I knew about the one near the Gun Battery. Here's a pic of The Bandstand in it's heyday in 1908.

Mark.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just thinking maybe there was another old bandstand over there that people were talking about. I knew about the one near the Gun Battery. Here's a pic of The Bandstand in it's heyday in 1908.

Mark.
Bugger!!!! no wonder the Headland's sinking :whistling
Has there ever been that many people in Hartlepool ???????????
Nice easterly too.......

·
Registered
224 Posts
looks a good sea, i think in 3 weeks time after my hols i will start getting out again.
Here's some pics from this evening, was a bit of surf on, some good gulleys and craters appeared on the beach as we fished the tide down, leaving us standing on a sandbank with a pool behind us, didn't catch though.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Some cracking pics there lads.....I love the old one of the bandstand, that was in the days councils had pride in their towns, now everything is just falling to bits.

Better luck next time, its a nice easy spot to get to but never seems to produce that much although like any spot on its night it can be very good..

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Aye the beach is not producing at the moment -i,ve had a couple of bad sessions.
I have to say though i am really took to this part of our coast lads. I have heard Parton is a really good spot after a good stir up.
I will be having a session or two off this beach during the night in the winter at low water.

mick

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've seen lads in the spot on the curved bit below the turning circle (in Scullys first pic), they catch regularly from there, usually a lot of flatties, but the have had a couple of bass over the last month or so one of the lads told me. When the tides nearly all the way up to the prom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts