World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the boulders with a friend of mine who's turned to sea angling as a change from fly fishing. Not a touch up until just before HW when he had the gentlest of bites resulting in a "nice" doggy about 1.5 lbs. He was happy as it was his first sea session and the blank was avoided. All was quiet until about 2.5 hours after HW when I had a small and I mean small codling, then a pout about 3/4 lb. I had 2 school bass then which were about 6 inches long, shame their Mum or Dad didn't show up. That was it for us until my mate recovered a rig he'd lost earlier which also had a small codling on. Baits used were Rag, squid and Mackeral. Was amazed we had the beach to ourselves guess the big tide put everyone off?
Nice to be out and introduce someone to the sport but shame the fish didn't give him such a strong welcom!
Ryan

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done Ry', at least you beat the blank bud', and a big congratulations to your mucca for catching his first sea species,,, Marc..

G

·
welldone

the foreshore stinking smelly hole, but love it there

enjoy speaking to dennis as well

it owes me a big fish

tight lines
bob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw Dennis and his mate who came to feed the cats... No doubt they're interesting characters and now a bit about the place. One fella turned up looking for bottles... Hmm I thought maybe filled with cider :) but apparently they can be found there and are quite valuable as there was a victorian tip there.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well done on beating the blank, seems it wasn't at its best

G

·
Saw Dennis and his mate who came to feed the cats... No doubt they're interesting characters and now a bit about the place. One fella turned up looking for bottles... Hmm I thought maybe filled with cider :) but apparently they can be found there and are quite valuable as there was a victorian tip there.

some right old characters that get there

dennis been doing his rounds for 40yrs, he used to remember it as a holiday resort, the guy who colects the bottles is a nice guy as well
very rare bottles , but as you say very valuable if you get one

time motion etc etc
i found a old clay pipe last year, gave it to him
good luck
bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts