World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished three hours up and three down last night. Round past the monkey pole. Passed a few people on the way, any other board members there? Anyway not the best night's fishing, had a small codling, a doggie and at the end a pouting. All returned safely. But to be honest was pleased as punch to have caught anything. One of my main reasons for going was to try out my new penn Sidewinder rod and Supermag. Never used a beach multiplier before so was a bit nervous, expecting loadsa birdsnests etc., but no probs at all. I can now see why people like fishing with multis. Now all I have to do is learn to cast further properly, then I can enjoy the pleasures of birdnests. Seriously tho was a very nice combo to fish with.
Penn

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was good fun m8. Thought I might have bumped into you down there. Do you know what ever happened to the idea of clothing, hats etc. with the WSF logo on them? I must have missed what happened about that. Maybe enough people weren't interested or whatever? Still think it's a good idea, then when you see people fishing you can identify them as WSF members. I walked past a few people fishing last night and it's wierd to think that some of them could be people I've talked to on the forum. Maybe I should have posted this part elsewhere? oops.
Anyway tight lines m8
Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well bellboy and birdsnest had their own shirts made up, and got me one as well? quite cool,when i see youagain i will show you ok. we always wear them. thay are easy enough to get made up. and as you say very handy too?........

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good idea m8, I'll get one of those, but a hat woulda been nice too. Do you know what happened to the poll on this? If not Mike will probably know.
Cheers, Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
they tried toput pics upforyou, of their shirts, but believe they had probs? sure they will do it when they can m8?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No probs Poacher,
I'll keep checking, thanks. And thank them for trying even if it fails. I'll probably see you and the lads on the beach and see the shirts then too. Bassbites has a great idea of putting our actual area (e.g. Cradiff) as opposed to just Wales or England etc. he's put it in the Improve WSF forum. I think its a great idea and yet another way of making fishing contacts. Anyway catch you later m8 off to work for a while.
Penn

·
Registered
287 Posts
whats going one penn did i here you caught some fishes or did i miss read it ?
only joking ,glad you like your new rod and real. you might have to let me have a chuck ? speak soon, keep the faith.

·
Registered
737 Posts
dai dai where you been give me a bell soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look good to me lads, is the shop near to where u live? If so I wouldn't mind one of those, in fact I'd probably get the sweatshirt too. Thanks for posting the pics birdsnest. BTW do you know if they do hats as well?
Yup Dai I actually caught sumthin for a change, not much but I'm not greedy. Of course you can have a chuck with the new gear, in fact u can show me how to use it properly if u like he he, give me a shout when your better m8.
Thanks again birdsnest,
Penn

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the info lads (and lasses!). Jason if you decide to get one of the t shirts could u get me one ( a black one) too? I live in Cardiff too so if u PM me I can get the money to u or will pay after if u like? Would appreciate it .
Penn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts