World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished foreshore tonight, not much luck, 4 whiting, and codling under a pound, weather good, shame about the fish..fished 6.30 till 11.30, lot of floating rubbish about, but what can u expect after the weather we,ve had..

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi Poacher at least u had a few whits to keep u busy . Was there many people over there. I didn,t get out myself missus was bad so dont know how penarth fished la8er lunker.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope ur mrs better m8. there were a few down there, but bites were very slow in coming, i will rest for a few days. if it doesnt get better soon i am retiring, i dont think...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi Poacher ,we also fished the Foreshore.(myself and dropped a pollack) we fished up on the top just before the wall starts . ( is this cods corner or is it the other end of the wall?) not much doing up there . I had 1 whitting and 1 undersize coddling.D.A.P had 1 undersize codling and D.A.P missed a good bite although i never saw it . Thats 9 this year ,but still no biggins .Didn't get there till late 7.30 ish .
bait used rag ,lug, squid and freash pealer . both codling caught on pealer ,1 hour
off .
where did you fish ?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea sounds like cods corner 2 me. i usually fish the wall. but was a lazy boy last nite. i fished to the left of the gut, it is not far from water treatment works. but closer towards security gates, if u came in rover way end u may av seen my frontera parked up there, its a blak 1. i would av been the 1st car u would c.i didnt use worm, just fresh mak and squid, not buyin any worm till somthin srarts happaning m8. did u find the bites slow again, lot rubbish floating around after the turn especially..i will walk down wall wen fishing piks up, it nakkers me out, and i want 2 swear wen i get no fishies, hee hee. i ad small codling on mak, the same as the 1 in the echo last nite, 18 and a half pound on mak, cant b bad..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fishing up there tonight there should be 4/5 of us, will probably start around 7/8ish until whenever. Hope I get some better luck than you guys.

Went down there last Sunday, fished the tide 2 hours in and 2 out. Caught a flattie on rag, had a second good bite but if fell of me hook about about 10 foot out.

Laters,
Sutmae

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well good luj 2 u m8, its hard work, but we av 2 keep trying, hope they start soon..luk i meant above..

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi poacher , and the rest of the lads, well i have not been on the site 4 a long while, just a bit pissed off really with the fishing, thinking of giving up myself, but i will try one more year if things don't inprove thats it. Well thats my grumble over .

alan

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
You can't give up mate!!

There is a whole sea out there with fish in it, one day, sombody will come on here with a story of huge fish just dying to plant themselves on the hook...it may well be you!!

Even if you cut down your fishing, it would be an awful shame if you gave up completely.

Somebody else help me with the encouragments here please :D ......

MikeJr

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi allan
try a different aproach to fishing for instance do you boat fish? do you try lures? do you go fishing with other guys that you have never met before ? it.s a big world and this life is not a rehearsal this is it, If ever your down on the south coast leet us know someone will want to go fishing with you do'nt give up mate try different things the odds are that something will work and work well regards Gus.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Alan,
Like you I've been having a terrible run of form and, one night walking back from the beach cold, wet and hungry I to thought of packing it all in .............. but then I had a thought that made me reconsider-if I gave up fishing I'd have to spend more time with 'er indoors watching "celebrity big brother"or "eastenders" or some other crap or even, horror of horrors having to hold a conversation...............next night I was back on the beach, cold and wet but with a smile on my face and yes-I blanked again

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol paid4,, heehee. we all get like that somtimes, but u wont give in. its in our blood, but wot gus said makes sense, there will cometh the day. and very soon i hope. but try lures etc, its great fun m8.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi Poacher, yes when we fished last night there was loads of rubbish in the water.
every time i reeled in there was what looked like hairy bit on my leader knot. Do you no what it is? and the bust way of getting rid of it ? or is it just a case plucking it off?
I'm thinking of trying Bendricks at the weakend, as it seems like you've had some sucksess there or do i try going down the mumbles for a lazy out the back of the car sesh . I just can't make my mind up .As reasent reports show it seems the bigger fish have moved some else ,but where ?

we fish in all weather ,so wheres the fish ?
we fish in most wind , so wheres the fish ?
we fish in the ice and snow , so wheres the fish ?
we spend load on tackle and bait , so wheres the fish ?

SO WHERES THE FISH ??????????

·
Registered
287 Posts
welshbuoy don't give it up ,we'll all get there in the end. There are fish out there ,you just need those lucky pants to do the magic .( I'm shore everyone got a pair ) I myself have a hat .Keep the faith

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
theres no way u can keep that grassy hairy stuff off, u always get it after bad weather. bendriks can b good, but u av 2 b patient, i ad 2 cod on my last 2 casts. i like the bendriks and may go there next save me walkin that damn wall down the shore for a while. i think monday i will try, and i wil give the weekend a rest.. i am sik of comin home in tears lol ..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Poacher we mite be there on the same day .so let us know where your fishing and we can put names to faces . Lets hope the weathers better than the last time you went down .DON'T forget your wets this time . hee hee

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok dai work out tides for monday and we arrange somthing if u like, or u can always pop in chat room for 5 mins 1 evening. we can go to bendriks and come home in tears 2gether, lunkercod may want to go he dont drive, but i can pik im up if e wants 2 go, he lives in penarth. i was talkin 2 im yesterday..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts