World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads, fished foreshore tonight, weather great, fish not so great, 1 conger 5lbs, 1 doggy, 5 whiting, 1 pout,bites were very few and far between, but later on i saw thousands, and i mean thousands of seagulls in the water having a feeding frenzy, must have been sprats on top of the water, or somthing like that, they were all in a big circle, the noise was quite horrible 2 listen 2, u imagine 1 seagull yapping away, well imagine this rough lot,blinking scavs, well perhaps thats why the bites were so far in between.. a chap 2 our left had 5 whiting and a 2 and half lb codling. never mind i tried, HONEST.........................................................

·
Registered
437 Posts
;) Nice one poacher at least you are catching!! i wonder wot the gull's where after? im orf up to the caravan on sunday to give the whiting a go AGAIN! perhaps the bigger one's will be there this time there's some nice tides this week 5mtr at newquay (wales) so i will be doing both tides for the next 4 days from sunday on so i will report back on thursday got to bring me tackle back home for the cod down here i live in pontypool and love fishing goldcliff on a frosty night tide wiv a good full moon i used to be a ware wolf but im alright nooooooooooowwww.

tight lines. lendusaworm aka clive <_<

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEA GOOD 1 M8/ I DIDNT NO U LIVED IN PONTYPOOL. NEVER FISHED GOLDCLIFFE. u got a caravan in newquay is it, or near there, nice 1.them gulls were after some sort of bait fish, gona ring my mate on the boats, he nos everything, i thought they were sprats as i said, but no wonder it was quiet, it must av been like coming out of a restaurant 4 those fish, full tummy, and home 2 bed.,....

·
Registered
437 Posts
;) YES CARAVAN SIGHT IS OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND SO ITS A GOOD BASE FOR THE FISHING IM ONLY 3 MINS FROM THE BEACH AND ANYTHING WITHIN 40 MILES RADIUS WILL DO ME. BAIT DIGGIN IN THE AREA IS GOOD IF YOU NO WHERE TO GO. YOU MUST TRY GOLDCLIFF YOU WILL BE SUPPRISED 18LB COD LAST YEAR AND MY SON HAD 2 ONE 11 PLUS AND ONE 12 PLUS ALSO LOTS OF CONGER AND DOVER SOLE.
TIGHT LINES CLIVE :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts