World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself, robster, owen, gordon, and nicky took a rare trip to the fort on saturday night. Not good at all i`m afraid :(
As per normal the wall section was jam packed (one of the reasons we don't bother fishing here) so we were forced to fish the beach section. Its hard to get into the deep water from there so i didn't hold much hope considering the time of year. The crabs were eating everything in site so fishing was slow. Robster caught the only mentionable fish of the night....a bass just under 2lb. Owen had 4 dogs, i had 1 and nicky and gordon had a few between them.
Wont be going back down there in a hurry i can tell thee! ;)

Robsters bass.

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
lookin at that pic, i'm glad i packed the floaty suits now ! wasn't sure whether too or not, but seing that has confimed that i'm doing the right thing now !!

nice fish btw ! wouldn't bother me if i caught dogies all night to be honest, we rarely get em over here !

·
Registered
288 Posts
Myself, robster, owen, gordon, and nicky took a rare trip to the fort on saturday night. Not good at all i`m afraid :(
As per normal the wall section was jam packed (one of the reasons we don't bother fishing here) so we were forced to fish the beach section. Its hard to get into the deep water from there so i didn't hold much hope considering the time of year. The crabs were eating everything in site so fishing was slow. Robster caught the only mentionable fish of the night....a bass just under 2lb. Owen had 4 dogs, i had 1 and nicky and gordon had a few between them.
Wont be going back down there in a hurry i can tell thee! ;)

Robsters bass.

Had three nights weekend before last at Norton Grange, just a couple of hundred yards from the Fort, 7 sessions and as many crabs, it fished awful, not like last summer when i never sat down, fish galore, nice bream and wrasse, plus the odd bass and even helped a guy land some nice mullet.

Anyway, it should improve in time, lovely spot though, so relaxing and quiet, will go back

TD

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Never mind m8 at least you had bites and was fishing!

I expect it will take another month before the nights warm up, can't wait!

john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts