World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Low water sesdion into darkness. Was difficult fishing because of the weed collecting on lines in less than 5mins.

As the weed collection calmed down around LW we managed to land a few up to 6lb. Didn't have long before the weed started building on our lines again.

I was messing about preparing next bait etc then turned my attention back to my rod which had a bend in it more than it should have.......weed. After reeling what was probably over 10lb of weed I started by pulling it off my leader knot. As I was doing this I looked around to see where my rig was and to my surprise my headlight beam picked up the eyes of a fish.

The hound was still hooked so rushed out and got hold of it, bang on 10lb. There was so much weed on my line (heavier than the fish) so I assume this is why I didn't feel any fight on the retrieve. Will have another go again soon.

Thank you Stormtrooper for the advice.

Few questions.....
When will then run of hounds stop? Is it end of this month?
Also is the weed worse than ever this year?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Glad you caught, cracking fish. The weed definitely takes the fun out of them though.

I’ve caught them as late as the end of September before now but their numbers will start to decline in the coming weeks so make the most of it if you can!!

Reactions: peterj and mpt

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Glad you caught, cracking fish. The weed definitely takes the fun out of them though.

I’ve caught them as late as the end of September before now but their numbers will start to decline in the coming weeks so make the most of it if you can!!
Yeah agree with you, then back to the Whiting,Arrrrrrrgh:):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounded like a good day!! Where was it you fished mate new to sea fishing and finding it beyond hard to get any success

1 - 4 of 4 Posts