World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While walking the beach near Hook of Holland the other day, I picked up something from the sand that resembled some sort of lure. It looks like a prawn, is made of hard plastic and is covered in some sort of fabric.

It has one eye left, and a hole (sleeve) on the bottom.

I was wondering if somebody knows that this actually IS a lure and what kind, or that it is something different..

please see attached pics.

Jax.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
By the look of it, it's a Squid jig.......or whats left of it.
They are the only lure i know that has a fabric cover, though i have never used one........maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

Dave:)

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
While walking the beach near Hook of Holland the other day, I picked up something from the sand that resembled some sort of lure. It looks like a prawn, is made of hard plastic and is covered in some sort of fabric.

It has one eye left, and a hole (sleeve) on the bottom.

I was wondering if somebody knows that this actually IS a lure and what kind, or that it is something different..

please see attached pics.

Jax.
it looks like something off the muppet show , but rather interesting to say the least :g: :g:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
No sooner than a relatively obscure item of tackle gets mentioned than Harris Sportfishing have it on special offer :-

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12628

disclaimer though I have found "Mean" lures to be of reasonable quality, I do not know if these are as good as the make shown above - notice that those are with a (triangular) "keel" lead, whereas I don't see that in the pictures on Harris's website.

Still, at only £1 they are worth a gamble.... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts