World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I,m holidaying in Fowey for a fortnight early June as i do every year and have small hire boat for tobying about in estuary, normally catch odd small Pollack, Plaice and occasional Macky, does anybody have any advice on marks for decent sized Pollack or the elusive Bass. The restriction on the hire boat being not allowed past imaginary line between Punch cross on Polruan side and St Cathrines
on Fowey side.

Kind Regards

Baddylan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Matey,

I'm the worlds' worst fisherman...but I've caught Bass both by Mixtow (rising tide), and Golant (full tide). Dusk and (if you're mad) dawn are the best times. They are mostly schoolies, but there's the occasional keeper.

For decent size Pollock I'd try either the river mouth (blockhouse or St Catherines) or under the Jettys at night time.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Moriarty, I saw plenty of Bass up Pont Pill last year but didn,t have a clue how to go after them (poppers and plugs seem to be somewhat of a dark art) any suggestions ?

Kind Regards

Baddylan

·
Registered
866 Posts
Cheers Moriarty, I saw plenty of Bass up Pont Pill last year but didn,t have a clue how to go after them (poppers and plugs seem to be somewhat of a dark art) any suggestions ?

Kind Regards

Baddylan
i got friends that live there up point pill they probaly mullet theres laods off them up there at the mo there is small bass up there best way to get them is lug ore crab and theres guilt heads up there best to fish the deep channel at the front by the hall walk there will be lots off bream in the river in june and lots off schoolies not sure if your aloud to keep bass on a boat in the river best to find out first iam sure some one on hear will no

·
Registered
866 Posts
Any advice on catching Bream in the river ?

Kind Regards

Baddylan1
tould you on last post same as the bass give us a shout nearer the time and i tell you if theres any ore go out with you i have boat in river as well cheers malc

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Is the Fowey a bass nursery area?
If so, should you be fishing for bass from a boat?
I would hate for someone to get caught in a boat in a nursery area with a bag of bass by the E.A.
Could be expensive!

philtherod

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
River Fowey All tidal waters enclosed by a line drawn 270º true from Penleath point to the opposite shore between 30 april and 1 january .

Yes it is, just looked it up.

Not worth the risk, and use of sandeels is also banned in nursery areas.

philtherod

·
Registered
866 Posts
River Fowey All tidal waters enclosed by a line drawn 270º true from Penleath point to the opposite shore between 30 april and 1 january .

Yes it is, just looked it up.

Not worth the risk, and use of sandeels is also banned in nursery areas.

philtherod
just look on the ad map were i fish is ok not in the nursery area its from penleath to harbour masters office seen loads off boats fishing for bass with live ell they dont seem to ever get stop furer up in the nursery areas it seems to be mostly holiday makes they should put signs up were you lach your boats from last year seen a chater boat fishing at mistow with live ell there was about 5 anglers it was to rought for lem a sea i spose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts