World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the last 4 hours off daylight in the river had wrasse biggest 4lb lots off small ones pollock small plaice macky and just as the lights went the dogfishs turned so i went home my freind had dogs bass about 2 lb and a smallplaice about a 1lb and lots off wrasse was a nice evening fish were caught on live sandell crab and lug

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice one Talen,

Was out last night too, just feathering in my dinghy at the harbour mouth with the neighbours kids. Bit rough but caught loads of maccy and pilchards. (8 fish at once on a 12 hook rig) Couple of 2lb pollock too. Didn't have to stay long!

Where were you fishing? Saw some guys at the blockhouse.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Sounds like a nice day m8, RTF took me to a mark in Fowey, from what I saw it looked superb, must try down there again soon

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one Talen,

Was out last night too, just feathering in my dinghy at the harbour mouth with the neighbours kids. Bit rough but caught loads of maccy and pilchards. (8 fish at once on a 12 hook rig) Couple of 2lb pollock too. Didn't have to stay long!

Where were you fishing? Saw some guys at the blockhouse.
no the opsete side by st cathrines was you the orange dinghy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Talen,

No, my dinghy is white with a grey collapsable cuddy. There was me, two little 'uns and a black dog. Let me know if you'd like to go fishing in her sometime.

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Baddylan,

Not too far mate - just a 100 yards or so out into the oggin. Black maccy feathers best I've found.

Was speaking to Richard Kittow today, the Butcher in Fowey, and he says a mate of his went out three times in the last three days and caught 15, 17, and 0, bass all 2-3lbs. (hopefully most, if not all were released). Location is "top secret", as is the bait. He recons the fishing dried up as the wind turned northerly (?).

Tight lines mate.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
nothing to write home about but like you said some better fish among them 4lb+ loads of birds working,just been trolling with rapala slivers..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pilchard size you madster!

Just got back from Udder rock Myself. Lovely day, and loads of fishies about - Bass and Maccy right on the surface. Got a couple of each for tea. Holographic jelly eel did the business trolled on my fly rod for extra fun.

Only bad point is we ran out of beer a couple of hours in and were forced to retreat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts