World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i just been out on my bike down to Gillingham Pier, anyway, i thought i'd try to spot a mullet if they were around, but didnt see any. However, this is the wierd thing, i saw a worm with a red head, brown body swimming on the surface quite happily (moving like a rag worm would - zigzag)!! Now to clarify, i aint been sniffing anything or drinking meths. i dont know what it was, i didnt have my phone to get a pic but i've done a google for marine worms and cant find anthing close!
Here is my artistic impression of it: (it aint a turd by the way!)

i was thinking a sea aneminy because it had a red head that they sometimes have, but i dont know if they swim around - especially like a rag worm. :g:

· Registered
12,414 Posts
almose definately a breeding rag wile the whole body can be a greenish brown the head will still retain some redness. they usually stay withing the top inches of the soft mud and as said earlier they swim. doing my traps in the summer, during the night i see lots swimming sometimes in groups.

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, like the comments! i thought my artistic skills where shining there!! lol! its one of them things you see and think damn wish i had a camera and immedately think, 'if i post this i'm gonna get the p%ss ripped big time'..... but i can assure you i'm no mental case, and that was a pretty freaky animal thing to see!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.