World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a 6 week old baby fishing opportunities for me have been zilch this summer but this weekend my wife has given her blessing for me to fish Saturday night as a special anniversary gift ( I will have to make it up to her no doubt and I'm wondering just what expensive item she has her eye on).
So, the pressure is on! Probably won't get another chance like this for a while so I have to make this count!
First thing first is bait, I shall go pumping Saturday morning and get some lovely fresh lug then pop into Mick's later on to get some Rag (note to self, ring tackle shop and order).
Plan is to fish Princes Parade 3 hours up and 3 hours down. High tide I believe is about 11:30.
This time last year a had a lovely Sole and plenty of whiting and doggies. I hope they come back again this year. Hopefully get a bit of mackeral sport as the sun goes down, you never know!
One thing I am keen to try is fishing a lure at night. I have a few poppers and rattling plugs which I'm keen to try near the rocky groynes, anyone had any experience lure fishing in total darkness?

·
Registered
260 Posts
With a 6 week old baby fishing opportunities for me have been zilch this summer but this weekend my wife has given her blessing for me to fish Saturday night as a special anniversary gift ( I will have to make it up to her no doubt and I'm wondering just what expensive item she has her eye on).
So, the pressure is on! Probably won't get another chance like this for a while so I have to make this count!
First thing first is bait, I shall go pumping Saturday morning and get some lovely fresh lug then pop into Mick's later on to get some Rag (note to self, ring tackle shop and order).
Plan is to fish Princes Parade 3 hours up and 3 hours down. High tide I believe is about 11:30.
This time last year a had a lovely Sole and plenty of whiting and doggies. I hope they come back again this year. Hopefully get a bit of mackeral sport as the sun goes down, you never know!
One thing I am keen to try is fishing a lure at night. I have a few poppers and rattling plugs which I'm keen to try near the rocky groynes, anyone had any experience lure fishing in total darkness?
hi that sounds good to me try glo in the dark tip lights ,[you know the ones] on your lures dose work well in clear water. all the best. let us know how you did dude . word

·
Registered
451 Posts
good luck at hythe mate.... try lures that float or stay close to the surface, all the midwater species rise at night. try not to shine your headlight on the water as its known to spook bass..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Bassy werent touchin worm squid or spider crab last nite. all that was there was whiting and mackies. theres no colour and the water is flat

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well done for getting out with such a young baby in the House. Enjoy the peace and quite!

Get some more night feeds in and the brownie points will start to add up, more fishing on the horizon.

Can't help with lures or "poppers" though.

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts