World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding.....

Afternoon all, after and few months of trouting these web pages I've managed to fill in the registration page. So here a bit about me. Currently living in Avon (north Somerset), no jokes please. And fishing both sides of the coast, Bristol channel and Chesial. And yes, I was the caught all in last fridays thunder storm with no coat at chesial.

Been fishing for about a year but have failed to improve, but i bet i still could give some advice like - how not to do it or the ture meaning of terminal tackle.

What i like to call specimen fish i've hocked - 3lb ish Eel - 1.9 lb ish Cod (ling) could of been a sub speices - and the same pollack tree times 1lb ish. May have to get some scales.

:rolleyes: Talking at lenght again, KP2.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
You seem to be enjoying it mate, so keep at it! No one knows all of the secrets so just build up your own. I've been at it, so to speak, for nearly 60 years and the more I learn the more I realise I don't know! Sure I've learnt a few wrinkles from watching and reading but mostly from trying! Get to know your favourite venues and fish it at all tides. If it's a rocky venue get down on the shore at low water and learn the contours, find out what the bait is and pick up all the tackle lost by unfortunate others. There 's no substitute for local knowledge so look out for the same old faces where you fish, and IF THEY ARE CATCHING REGULARLY, CHAT THEM UP FOR THE BEST ADVICE! It's very rare you find someone gives you dud advice when you first start or ignores you completely staring steadfastly at their rod tip. If they're any good watch from a distance!!!. Listen also to the gratuitous advice you get from the 'experts' on te beach. If they are not catching regularly thank them and make a mental note to ignore what they said! (Though you never know they might be the new messiah!) Remember, every dog has his day (even if it's a doggie!1) and when the tough get going, pack up and join them!

P.S. always take a coat ... oh .. you've learnt that one you say!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts